10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Guardiola: "Gotze the new Messi? Mario is excellent, but Messi is another level, no comparisons possible. Messi is the best in the history."

JamDav1982

Did he really say this? Found it hard to believe that Guardiola would put his own players down publicly.

Hes not really putting down Gotze.

If that is the case he was putting down every Barca player whenever he said Messi was the best ever when at club.

He is probably being realistic and not wanting the huge pressure of being compared to Messi to get to Gotze.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Did he really say this? Found it hard to believe that Guardiola would put his own players down publicly.

Yes, at the presser today:
"It's his first year here, that's not easy. But he's doing well, he's played well. He is only 21 and has room for improvement. But even now he's already one of the best players in Germany. I try to help him."
"Messi is on another level. No comparisons! Messi is the best player in history."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, at the presser today:
"It's his first year here, that's not easy. But he's doing well, he's played well. He is only 21 and has room for improvement. But even now he's already one of the best players in Germany. I try to help him."
"Messi is on another level. No comparisons! Messi is the best player in history."

Guardiola knows. :worthy:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesc coming out to deny the rumor that Barca players are not happy with Messi's contributions (allegedly over the same stuff that some of us complained about, not moving and running much etc.):

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has dismissed claims that players at the club are unhappy with Lionel Messi's contribution to the team.
Barca have come in for criticism in recent days following their shock 3-1 defeat to Real Sociedad in La Liga last weekend, and even Messi has had negative press this week.

But Fabregas insists everybody at Camp Nou is happy with the Argentine's contributions.

"If there’s any player that carries the weight of the team on his shoulders, it’s Leo Messi," the Spain international told AS.

"If more has to be asked of him, then three times as much has to be asked of us.

"It’s totally false that anything has been said against Leo. He looks very good to me. Leo has been the most consistent player in world football.

"I have no doubt that he’ll be there whenever he’s needed. His state of mind is very good, he’s happy.

"He isn’t happy about Saturday, because we’re all disappointed about it. But on Sunday we have another match and that’s where we have to seek a fresh new start.

"We have two and a half months left and we have to be at 100 per cent."

Egert

Estonian Culé
I am in so bad mood, because I can´t watch the game and I can´t watch how Leo destroys Almeria :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans