10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

BjsRToHCMAEM3gS.jpg

raskolnikov

Clearlt took it easy in the second half but who cares? kind of logical after what happened to Valdes. I wouldnt have mind him being subbed in the 70th minute as well in a game like this when its clearly over.

CatalinR10

We're playing against espanyol and atletico next 2 games so it was a wise decision to let it low for the rest of the game.

tello

He was pacing himself, with good reason. Espanyol and Atletico are coming.

I really hope so, he clearly ddin't play the same after he scored...

Clearlt took it easy in the second half but who cares? kind of logical after what happened to Valdes. I wouldnt have mind him being subbed in the 70th minute as well in a game like this when its clearly over.

Messi once said his body responds better in the recovery process when he plays full matches and I believe him :)

Last edited:

Kerrybai

He walks so much on the pitch that he can easily play every minute of every game without getting burned out. This guy will play top football in his late 30's.

Superstar85

Messi will have to be on beast mode every game from now till the end of the season (which will probably be the case anyways) for Barca to have the slightest chance of winning "everything" this season. That still wouldn't be enough though (Valdes injury & defensive issues too).

He walks so much on the pitch that he can easily play every minute of every game without getting burned out. This guy will play top football in his late 30's.

The only issue i have with Messi's game is that he makes no effort what so ever to try to defend. Which means if his team is down to 10 men, they'll actually be defending with only 8 players against 10 from the other team. But luckily for Barca (and Argentina), this situation rarely ever happens.
Other than that, nothing else can be questionned in his game imo.

Kerrybai

Messi will have to be on beast mode every game from now till the end of the season (which will probably be the case anyways) for Barca to have the slightest chance of winning "everything" this season. That still wouldn't be enough though (Valdes injury & defensive issues too).

The only issue i have with Messi's game is that he makes no effort what so ever to try to defend. Which means if his team is down to 10 men, they'll actually be defending with only 8 players against 10 from the other team. But luckily for Barca (and Argentina), this situation rarely ever happens.

If he defended like Pedro and Sanchez we wouldn't be able to play him every game. He wouldn't be able to play in 'beast mode' as you have said above. Beside's Messi's positioning is crucial for our counter attacking as pretty much everything goes through him. I wouldn't want him running around defending all game and then finding himself out of position when we go to counter.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

He defended very well against Celta if you ask me...

And he defends a lot more than most of other big name forwards in the world, so I really can't understand he still gets criticized for that...

L

linetty

Lionel Messi is now the player with most goals (14) of all players in the top-6 European leagues in this calendar year [via @infostradalive]

:barca scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans