10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
So you're telling me a professional athlete making millions can't do some extra weight training and eat better to not have the strength of an 11 year old boy. Neymar needs to toughen up. I guarantee you Messi has created more goals from not diving than neymar does from "winning" penalties. Diving needs to be punished by giving cards. Everyone should be more like Messi.

Messi is unique.. You can't force players to change their styles. Neymar has quickfeet and draws alot of fouls, it's the way he is. 'Some' extra weight training won't help him become this guy that can stand any tackle he wants to. He is a light weight, but that is what makes him a fast, agile player.

CatalinR10

Bj6euCaCQAAialv.jpg

dakt

Messi is unique.. You can't force players to change their styles. Neymar has quickfeet and draws alot of fouls, it's the way he is. 'Some' extra weight training won't help him become this guy that can stand any tackle he wants to. He is a light weight, but that is what makes him a fast, agile player.

Hmm...have you seen Ronaldo's physique when he was MU and now? I mean he still falls down easily but it's not because of his physique. :)

F

Flavia

Look at Messis legs and then look at neymars. Huge difference.

They're 2 very different people. Their bodies are very different as well.

Messi is my favorite player ever, but this obsession with him, and comparing him to everyone is annoying. Messi is not the best player to ever play the game by chance.

Paganinisrvnge

Messi is my favorite player ever, but this obsession with him, and comparing him to everyone is annoying. Messi is not the best player to ever play the game by chance.

Their bodies are different because Neymar as weak. Anyone can build up muscle. When I was 15 I weighed about 50lbs(about 20KGs) less than I do now at 23 and it's all muscle that I've gained. So why can't Neymar put on some leg muscle and have at least average human balance levels?

Stop making excuses for Neymar. He's pathetically weak and gaining a little bit of muscle and strength won't hinder his game at all.

footyfan

Calma, calma

He doesn't have to be like Messi. Like Paganinisrvnge said, Neymar should focus on building muscle in the lower half of the body including his core, which will improve his balance and stability to no end. It won't reduce his speed or agility, and even if it does, pretty sure the tradeoff would be a positive one.

khaled_a_d

Didn't barca doctors and training stuff recommended that he should gain weight when we signed him?I remember it made a big debate and many in Brazil didn't like it
But I think the club actually is on Paganinisrvnge side,expect Neymar to gain weight in the next few years

Kerrybai

Messi has short legs compared with the rest of his body. This gives him a low center of gravity that Neymar will never have as it's just not possible. However he can certainly improve his strength and balance by hitting the gym and following a new diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans