10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He does for Argentina, so why not?

Argentina play a totally different game where they look to hit teams on break for lots of it he is not really closing players down as the defence drop deep.

There is not the same intensity to try and win ball early in midfield like there would be ideally at Barca.

Dany

As much as I love watching Messi play, it seems to be his trend not to bother fighting for the ball if it's more than 2-3 metres away.
I can understand if he is trying to conserve energy but with 5-10 minutes left on the clock, there is no reason for him not to help his team mates.

In games like these, he should really be paying a spectators fee as that's all he was.
Seems to have lost his passion or is saving himself for the World Cup.

Mitchell1978

Piss off. Other players have been playing all the time like Iniesta and Neymar. They actually tried to do something tonight, Messi just walked about.

No neymar and iniesta haven't played all the time, they have actually played a lot less (partly because of injuries) but whatever man, some of your comments are disgracefull.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No neymar and iniesta haven't played all the time, they have actually played a lot less (partly because of injuries) but whatever man, some of your comments are disgracefull.

How dare I criticise Messi, he is not a God but a human like the rest of us and if he is doing something wrong I'll point it out.

CatalinR10

48353642.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you cant support him when we lose, don't support him when we win.

No matter how gutted and disgusted I am after a loss, I will always support our team and Messi (as long as he plays for Barca). Having said that, Messi rightfully deserves most of the criticism here tonight. It is one thing that he tried but couldn't score/convert/materialize because of the tactics of the either our own team or the opposing team etc., it is entirely something else if he simply didn't give a damn. And tonight it appeared to the latter.

He is almost the best paid football player in the world, in such a critical/crucial/life and death game, he appeared disinterested and didn't give a damn? Shame on him. I really can't put my fingers on it. I have noticed for quite some time that his level of motivation/effort/participation seems to randomly fluctuate, no rhyme and reason. There were important games/occasions where you expected him to excel himself but he didn't appear interested. If his peculiar, inconsistent motivation/effort/work rate issue can't be reigned in, I'd say bench the little dictator. Him doing nothing on the pitch, we might as well sub him off.

I desperately want to believe that he still has got it to be considered the GOAT not just by us Cules, but by other football fans, but either way if he doesn't give a damn, he is not the GOAT in my book.

Make no mistake, I am one of the biggest fanboys of Messi's. It broke my heart to see him playing like this, it broke my heart.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He has no excuse tonight... He only ran 1.5 Km more than Pinto! Only 6.8 Km during 90 minutes is just embarrassing!

The fact that he was marked doesn't mean he shouldn't look an open door in their defense...

Devils

No matter how gutted and disgusted I am after a loss, I will always support our team and Messi (as long as he plays for Barca). Having said that, Messi rightfully deserves most of the criticism here tonight. It is one thing that he tried but couldn't score/convert/materialize because of the tactics of the either our own team or the opposing team etc., it is entirely something else if he simply didn't give a damn. And tonight it appeared to the latter.

He is almost the best paid football player in the world, in such a critical/crucial/life and death game, he appeared disinterested and didn't give a damn? Shame on him. I really can't put my fingers on it. I have noticed for quite some time that his level of motivation/effort/participation seems to randomly fluctuate, no rhyme and reason. There were important games/occasions where you expected him to excel himself but he didn't appear interested. If his peculiar, inconsistent motivation/effort/work rate issue can't be reigned in, I'd say bench the little dictator. Him doing nothing on the pitch, we might as well sub him off.

I desperately want to believe that he still has got it to be considered the GOAT not just by us Cules, but by other football fans, but either way if he doesn't give a damn, he is not the GOAT in my book.

Make no mistake, I am one of the biggest fanboys of Messi's. It broke my heart to see him playing like this, it broke my heart.

He broke so many hearts tonight because he is complacent.

He's not a leader, never was and probably never will be even though he probably is capable of it.

I think it's an issue of intensity. When Messi first came to Barca he was a kid burning with passion, there were superstars like Ronaldinho and Eto'o who gave him something to compete as aspire to in this Barca team. Then came Pep, who is probably the most intense man the footballing world, he lit a fire under every player's ass and made them work like animals.

Now, the intensity has vanished, Messi doesn't seem to have much to aspire to he's guaranteed a place on the team no matter who is managing and he's one of the top paid players in the world on top of the fact that he has already won everything with Barca.

It's just a disaster right now. I think I read that he only ran 1.8 km more than Pinto in the match. Absolutely catastrophic, that.

Edit: 1.5...Christ.

Kerrybai

Poor game, I would give every 1/10. No intensity and desire. Neymar I will give credit to, he looked hungry.

Having said that when an entire team plays that bad then something is very wrong, what was the gameplan? Why are the players not putting in 100%. Messi looks like he's waiting for the world cup, is that the case with everyone? The blame really lies with Tata. He's responsible for getting our guys motivated and setting out the gameplan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans