10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

He broke so many hearts tonight because he is complacent.

He's not a leader, never was and probably never will be even though he probably is capable of it.

I think it's an issue of intensity. When Messi first came to Barca he was a kid burning with passion, there were superstars like Ronaldinho and Eto'o who gave him something to compete as aspire to in this Barca team. Then came Pep, who is probably the most intense man the footballing world, he lit a fire under every player's ass and made them work like animals.

Now, the intensity has vanished, Messi doesn't seem to have much to aspire to he's guaranteed a place on the team no matter who is managing and he's one of the top paid players in the world on top of the fact that he has already won everything with Barca.

It's just a disaster right now. I think I read that he only ran 1.8 km more than Pinto in the match. Absolutely catastrophic, that.

Edit: 1.5...Christ.

Well....

He has most of the individual records in football , 4 ballon d'or , 3 golden boots , over 20 trophies with the team

Maybe he doesn't have the motivation anymore to be in the beast mode constantly

Same happened with Ronaldinho who won it all. Good thing that Messi doesn't like to party cause he would have followed exactly Ronaldinho's path.

I guess we'll have to wait to see his reaction towards the World Cup .

FiReFTW

Well....

He has most of the individual records in football , 4 ballon d'or , 3 golden boots , over 20 trophies with the team

Maybe he doesn't have the motivation anymore to be in the beast mode constantly

Same happened with Ronaldinho who won it all. Good thing that Messi doesn't like to party cause he would have followed exactly Ronaldinho's path.

I guess we'll have to wait to see his reaction towards the World Cup .

He also has a kid so he has other periorities aswell now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The thing is Messi isn't some kid anymore lighting up the footballing world. He's nearly 27 years old and shows lack of passion and energy in games when he should be playing in his prime. He should be a leader and he should inspire this team. He's MORE THAN CAPABLE of doing this as anyone here knows.

Where is the passion? Where is the drive? Where is the hunger? Where is the heart? Where is the energy? Where is the motivation?

No one in the world questions Messi's talent, it's unanimous that he is the most talented player in the world, but talent isn't enough.

This was a disaster in the highest order, today we saw a soulless Messi, someone who just didn't give a shit anymore.

I know this forums laughed at Cristiano when he cried after winning the ballon d'or and beating Messi this year. But it really showed his passion for the game.

The Messi 4 years ago couldn't bear losing, broke into tears when he was injured and couldn't play. The kid oozed of desire to win.

Where has it gone?

Good post. +10000

L

LaMasia

So sad to watch Messi "wasting" his youth on not playing. He is reminding me of Ronaldinho so much and it brings bad bad memories...

I mean...God! 6.8km. Bench him, I don't care. And don't start with "how much he gave to Barca". Barca MADE him who he is. Barca PAID for his treatment. Barca PAYS his salary(20+mil at that). Its not a fucking one way relationship. When he wears that jersey he better play his heart out. He is almost 27 for Christs sake! He is getting in prime years of his carer and he is wasting them. I'm starting to believe he is a little dictator. Hopefully someone like Klopp comes and gives him an ass whoppin'.

He should be Jordan not Ronaldinho :cry:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

The truth is he was in Tiago's and atletico's pocket all night. May be hard to admit that, but he wasn't allowed to do squat, and wasn't able to find his way out of their pockets.

sil85

2014-04-09_ATLETICO-BARCELONA_12-Optimized.v1397074072.JPG

2014-04-09_ATLETICO-BARCELONA_15-Optimized.v1397074098.JPG

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am afraid to say Messi will have his rude awakening at the WC, Argentina will come away with absolutely nothing.

Sorry Messi, let's just put that damn WC out of the way. I don't even know what to expect after the WC. No more passion, expectations left in him? In 2018 he will be friggin' 31 years old. He won't win a WC then, he is no Maradona.

sil85

I am afraid to say Messi will have his rude awakening at the WC, Argentina will come away with absolutely nothing.

Sorry Messi, let's just put that damn WC out of the way. I don't even know what to expect after the WC. No more passion, expectations left in him? In 2018 he will be friggin' 31 years old. He won't win a WC then, he is no Maradona.

how do you know? he can be great or bad in any Cup he agoes. its a 50% 50% thing. he can goes bad or good. we dont know.

Devils

So sad to watch Messi "wasting" his youth on not playing. He is reminding me of Ronaldinho so much and it brings bad bad memories...

I mean...God! 6.8km. Bench him, I don't care. And don't start with "how much he gave to Barca". Barca MADE him who he is. Barca PAID for his treatment. Barca PAYS his salary(20+mil at that). Its not a fucking one way relationship. When he wears that jersey he better play his heart out. He is almost 27 for Christs sake! He is getting in prime years of his carer and he is wasting them. I'm starting to believe he is a little dictator. Hopefully someone like Klopp comes and gives him an ass whoppin'.

He should be Jordan not Ronaldinho :cry:

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying." - Jordan

mazp

If I was him, I would leave. The future is bleak, shitty board, manager, no direction. Tranfer ban, there's nothing worth sticking around in the near future. He'd be wasting another yr.

L

LaMasia

There was something about those old players like Maradona, Pele, Zidane (not to mention Jordan and Ali). They were grounded, didn't lose sights at being the best while making the team better. Maybe its new way of life, 21st century thing, that someone like Messi (who as far as football talent goes is GOAT) just doesn't seem to want it anymore. Same like Ronaldinho...Breaks my heart as I have been watching this guy for 10 years becoming what he is today but with this coach and this board (and mostly himself being like that) has hit dead end.

I'm big boxing fan too and I'm watching Ali doing what he does best, knocking the fuck out of boxing legends in 8th round of the fight. Doing what GOAT does, at the age of 33, being 10 years older than Foreman and in twilight of his carrier. Know what he said after he knocked him out cold? "I'm the worlds greatest". Thats what he was and thats why no one will ever dethrone Him.

MMKa

Whole team have been bad last 4 games. Hopefully 2 of them in liga has been won. Messi? Scoring 3.

Admit it. Atletico is far better than Betis and Barca hardly won it either.

F

Flavia

Messi didn't unlearn how to play or lost his talent. He was poor today, but he probably sees something we do even better from the inside. Sayinf faus don't understand nothing of football, for instance. You look around and see an inept board, mistake after mistake... and a coach who isn't very good either. After being coached by Pep. All of this affects the players. Not only Messi... many things are wrong within the club. I just hope we're not at the verge of another gaspart era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans