10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is expected that Messi in the end will not attend the tribute game of Milito on Thursday as he wants to focus on his recovery. [ser cope] :worthy:

Staying there for one half without playing wont hurt his recovery process IMO... but but..

V

voodoomaster

Hey, how likely is it that his injuries have damaged his abilities? Does he have the same level as before? In my opinion his the best player of all time - the knowledge, methods, health, and so on is much better these days, so players become better - though slowly. Anyway, it hurts a bit when some people says he weaker and all that stuff. And he is only 26! So, anyone with some knowledge about these injuries and the possibility of a messi who is not that good anymore?

NotInHere

Hey, how likely is it that his injuries have damaged his abilities? Does he have the same level as before? In my opinion his the best player of all time - the knowledge, methods, health, and so on is much better these days, so players become better - though slowly. Anyway, it hurts a bit when some people says he weaker and all that stuff. And he is only 26! So, anyone with some knowledge about these injuries and the possibility of a messi who is not that good anymore?
Good question.. I've been wondering the same, the only thing that really worries me is how frequently he gets these type of injuries

I just want them to stop.:angry:

Vapor

Yea, hopefully he can return to full 100% like he had in 2012 and bring out that God-mode level consistently like he used to. I have a feeling that he will... I think he still has that level within him. I think if he gets some rhythm and stays injury free for some time he will just continue to start improving and improving again like he always does until he eventually reaches that level and maybe even goes beyond.

juguar

Here's Sky Sports' mini-doc on Messi. Some say Messi was born talented. Someone in the video implies that he learnt his skill in Argentina. But what role did Barca have in his development?

sumo

Here's Sky Sports' mini-doc on Messi. Some say Messi was born talented. Someone in the video implies that he learnt his skill in Argentina. But what role did Barca have in his development?

I don't think anyone can be born with talent... it takes practice practice practice!

NotInHere

"Some" say? I think everyone can say he was born with the gift, according to his Newel's coach, when he first made him play, the first ball he touched, he took it and went past everyone.

kollegah

visca leo, best player of all time, hes the reason that barca is barca, imo he is as big as the club, without him, barca wouldnt be the same as it is, xavi wouldnt be the same, iniesta wouldnt be the same and pep neither, messi made them what they are.

sumo

Talent it innate. Practice makes it more prominent and brings it to a higher level.

If by talent you mean competency to do a certain work at a certain level, then of course talent isn't innate!! You're telling me little baby Messi was running around in diapers playing football (before he could walk)? :p ..... as cute as that would be, I don't think so.

The only thing that builds talent is p r a c t i c e!

You see little Messi as a 5 year old doing amazing things.... but what you don't see is the countless hours he spent practising and playing to get that good, staying up all night playing with a ball, getting up early kicking a ball around... I'm sorry, but there's no other way to get good at anything!

Last edited:

CatalinR10

If by talent you mean competency to do a certain work at a certain level, then of course talent isn't innate!! You're telling me little baby Messi was running around in diapers playing football (before he could walk)? :p ..... as cute as that would be, I don't think so.

The only thing that builds talent is p r a c t i c e!

You see little Messi as a 5 year old doing amazing things.... but what you don't see is the countless hours he spent practising and playing to get that good, staying up all night playing with a ball, getting up early kicking a ball around... I'm sorry, but there's no other way to get good at anything!

So you' re telling me that Messi became the player he is today because of practice ? Give me a break...

There are milions of kids working their asses of from the moment they wake up untill they go to bed , every day and still don't make it as football players. It's not as simple as you put it.

sumo

So you' re telling me that Messi became the player he is today because of practice ? Give me a break...

There are milions of kids working their asses of from the moment they wake up untill they go to bed , every day and still don't make it as football players. It's not as simple as you put it.

Of course he did! I don't see how you can even argue against it lol.

That's not taking anything away from those who don't! Everybody's different...

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” ~ Muhammad Ali

“A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive, and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done. Once a man has made a commitment… he puts the greatest strength in the world behind him. It’s something we call heart power. Once a man has made this commitment, nothing will stop him short of success.” ~ Vince Lombardi

For me, that's what I look at when I see Messi... not some gift! It's something he earned!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans