10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite-BkD

Your conception of talent is wrong in the first place, thus why you choose to mock it so dismissively. Talent isn't some magical entity bestowed onto a baby at birth that makes them superior without reason. It's just a natural predisposition to succeed at specific things based on the way they function cognitively. I don't see how that has anything to do with Messi being a "5 lb little shit when he was born"

The way people function cognitively is subject to change on pretty massive scales.

V

voodoomaster

Yes, but has his injuries weakened his abilities essentially? Will he ever be at god level again? He hasnt delivered in big matches for some time?

Agri

Barcastuff: Messi won't yet play against Elche on 5 January. He could make his comeback in the cup game against Getafe on 8 January. [marca]

Son of a bitch

Ghosting

Yes, but has his injuries weakened his abilities essentially? Will he ever be at god level again? He hasnt delivered in big matches for some time?

How long is some time, PSG/Milan March April this year he was half fit. Since then we have played Bayern where you can't really hold him accountable for not performing and Madrid once where he was out on the right. Those have been are only true big games.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Muscle injuries are not debilitating injuries. This is not a ligament issue; this is not a joint issue; this is not a cartilage issue; and this is not a bone issue. Muscle injuries are a product of stress, lack of preparation and fitness, lack or improper stretching, overuse, bad luck, etc. If he is allowed to fully heal, and if he takes his preparation and stretching seriously, has his proper rest to allow his body to recuperate, then this should not be a recurring theme.

And about big games, he just recently saved the team's collective hide in not one, but two UCL games; vs PSG and vs Milan.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Agree, but do you think he Will reach same god level again?

There is no reason to think otherwise. He is entering his physical prime, and considering his track record of overcoming adversity and considering his competitive nature, it is much more likely that he improves rather than he declines.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Very nice small documentary from SkySport.

I love towards the end when his youth trainer was talking about Messi being shy and a fussy eater, but he liked alfajores. So he he started promising 1 alfajora for each goal, but Messi scored 4 and 5 goals per game. So he changed it to 2 alfajoras for each goal with his head. So Messi being the little devil he is, dribbled everyone and when he was about to score, he just lobbed the ball in the air and headed it for the goal. Then he looked at the coach and reminded him he owed him 2 alfajoras.

That is just such a Messi thing.

NotInHere

Very nice small documentary from SkySport.

I love towards the end when his youth trainer was talking about Messi being shy and a fussy eater, but he liked alfajores. So he he started promising 1 alfajora for each goal, but Messi scored 4 and 5 goals per game. So he changed it to 2 alfajoras for each goal with his head. So Messi being the little devil he is, dribbled everyone and when he was about to score, he just lobbed the ball in the air and headed it for the goal. Then he looked at the coach and reminded him he owed him 2 alfajoras.

That is just such a Messi thing.
What's alfajoras lol? Is it like frijoles?

V

voodoomaster

Yes, but another one is never good I suppose. To many injuries can destroy a player. And what do you think about his pace? Will he become slower? I just want to be disproved here. I Will crush me if he isnt coming back to ubermensch level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans