10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Well you are from the school of thought that being pampered is okay, where as I am from the one that feels the player is never bigger than the club. That is not to say that I wouldn't compensate like crazy or make sure the player is respected highly, but to allow walking on the pitch, sulking, and saving himself for wc is beyond insulting to fans who pay top dollar to watch him play. I have paid attention to the Barca-centric news Flavia, but you still didn't provide Messi specific examples where he himself was being insulted, disrespected, or made to feel anything less than a superstar or the leader of the club (except for that Faus incident). Everything else has been worshiping Messi no?

As for the contract renewal, it's at its final stages 80%. Only the details remain, which is completely understandable given the legal and monetary aspects in the fine print so it pays to do it right. Laporta says good things, but he also winds things up so calling out what he says in regards to Messi's contract is opportunistic at best.

It's not about the "player being bigger than the club" stuff. But Messi is Barça's biggest asset. Another player like him won't appear any time soon. They should take better care of him. And the faus incident was just an example. If the board actions affects us, who aren't living the day to day of the club, just imagine what it's like for the players, especially the home grown ones, who are there for a long time. And I don't mean just Messi. I also don't believe he's saving himself for the wc. 2 bad games and hell broke loose. Because he's been walking for a long time, and there are reasons for it. But it's easy to believe in all kind of bad stuff, when things aren't really going well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's nothing opportunistic about it, key players at Barcelona were never unsettled under Joan - least of all the greatest player of all time...In one season we've had concern for the first time that he might actually leave, the signs were there before about how reckless this board has been but this past season has been extraordinary in terms of how much of an anti-Messi agenda there's been...Disgraceful really

Pepe Silvia

It was an opportunity to take a shot at the current board that he hates, he is biased. I'm not defending this shitty board at all, I'm just looking for cold hard facts that point to this board making Messi feel like anything less than a superstar. I think my request was straight forward.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was an opportunity to take a shot at the current board that he hates, he is biased. I'm not defending this shitty board at all, I'm just looking for cold hard facts that point to this board making Messi feel like anything less than a superstar. I think my request was straight forward.

Laporta didn't take shots at Rosell when he was in office, unlike Rosell who was always a thorn...Gets into office and from the off was determined to undermine everything Joan's board put together...One President is interested in the club's success, both sporting & financial - the other is not

It will be very interesting to see if he runs more with and without the ball at the world cup, if he really shines as he used to. First then i can start to beleive what i think is bollocks that he was saving himself for the world cup.

serghei

Well you are from the school of thought that being pampered is okay, where as I am from the one that feels the player is never bigger than the club. That is not to say that I wouldn't compensate like crazy or make sure the player is respected highly, but to allow walking on the pitch, sulking, and saving himself for wc is beyond insulting to fans who pay top dollar to watch him play. I have paid attention to the Barca-centric news Flavia, but you still didn't provide Messi specific examples where he himself was being insulted, disrespected, or made to feel anything less than a superstar or the leader of the club (except for that Faus incident). Everything else has been worshiping Messi no?

:yes:

That's how I see it too, hence my recent criticism of Messi. In fact, I've also said it a couple of times.

Kerrybai

^ It's all speculation to suggest he is saving himself for the world cup. Personally I think he has struggled to overcome the mental problems associated with his injuries. He came back in explosive form against the likes of PSG etc when he should have been recovering and ultimately he made his injury worse. After going 4-5 years without injury to suddenly becoming injury prone must have taken a big mental toll on him. Some fans turn against him and call him lazy but if you actually paid attention to you would notice that his performances have been erratic, take for example the game against Granada where he looked like the most determined player on the pitch in the second half, then you have other games where he looked distracted.

Hopefully after the World Cup his mental block will be gone.

Empty

Messi, arguably best player in history, at least top three, Barca icon, living legend, will be top La Liga scorer next season, making history, carried one of the most dominant football teams in history to victory countless times by solo efforts alone.

Messi is the icon of Barcelona and should be treated as such.

barcanuck

Top scorer in European and La Liga history and we talkin about pampering him ;) Please if anyone deserves a pampering it's him and not Ronaldo.

Stric

Messi, arguably best player in history, at least top three, Barca icon, living legend, will be top La Liga scorer next season, making history, carried one of the most dominant football teams in history to victory countless times by solo efforts alone.

Messi is the icon of Barcelona and should be treated as such.

That's right. Sell him!

F

Flavia

pic_2014-04-25_HOMENAJE_TITO_07-Optimized.v1398502983.JPG

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans