10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

If I was there...I would tree hug Messi like koala. :)
And when he would leave:
vovbZH8.gif

Empty

I want to see Messi retire in Barca colors. It would mean the world to mean to see the (one of the best) best player in history to retain his loyalty to his home club. Something that is so missing from the current reality of football.

Pepe Silvia

Messi does deserve respect and compensation for his duties, but I recently heard the word 'pampering' to describe what Bartomeu and company have been doing to Messi. This is a clear reflection of the spoiled, walking on the pitch, and sulking attitude that Messi has gotten away with for so long. It's disgusting that a club would kiss the ass of someone so hard. It's a privilege to play at Barca and to be compensated millions upon millions is enough pampering for me. The return shouldn't be walking around on the pitch or saving his energy for WC. That is extremely annoying. I'm not saying the board should run a slave ship with Messi, but there should be a balance of respect, and it is clear who has all the power, Messi. That is wrong.

F

Flavia

Messi does deserve respect and compensation for his duties, but I recently heard the word 'pampering' to describe what Bartomeu and company have been doing to Messi. This is a clear reflection of the spoiled, walking on the pitch, and sulking attitude that Messi has gotten away with for so long. It's disgusting that a club would kiss the ass of someone so hard. It's a privilege to play at Barca and to be compensated millions upon millions is enough pampering for me. The return shouldn't be walking around on the pitch or saving his energy for WC. That is extremely annoying. I'm not saying the board should run a slave ship with Messi, but there should be a balance of respect, and it is clear who has all the power, Messi. That is wrong.

Pampering? Ok then. If you think Messi is being pampered... Also Messi has given a lot to Barça as well. So it's not right to turn the back on him for underperforming in 2 games, in a season a lot is wrong within the club.

I read just the other day something to think about. I'll paste it here:

@RafaelH117 Meanwhile the Big Two Catalan papers pretend Messi's renewal is urgent because of money, not because of his treatment by Barcelona.

Renew Messi, pay him €50m/year and keep mistreating the man like he has an obligation to shoulder it. Doesn't solve anything.

It's the main problem, if Messi wanted money he would move to Real Madrid, Pérez would've sold CR7 and paid Messi whatever he asked.

It's delusional to think that Messi renews at least once a year because he wants more money, some think he's just another greedy player.

Just look at how miserable Iniesta was looking and playing before renewing, it's completely unrelated to the financial aspect.

These special canteranos legitimately feel indebted to Barcelona, La Masia gave them everything!

It's about feeling valued and respected by the football club that fulfilled all their childhood dreams, not about a new red sports car.

The moment a player really wants to leave a football club, make no mistake he will leave using all the means at his disposal.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Pampering is the word they thought would be suitable to explain the situation from their side. In reality, it is far far away from that.If it was really pampering, then the contract renewal should have been signed by now. everyday the board is complicating the situation.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Pampering? Ok then. If you think Messi is being pampered... Also Messi has given a lot to Barça as well. So it's not right to turn the back on him for underperforming in 2 games, in a season a lot is wrong within the club.

@RafaelH117 Meanwhile the Big Two Catalan papers pretend Messi's renewal is urgent because of money, not because of his treatment by Barcelona.

Renew Messi, pay him €50m/year and keep mistreating the man like he has an obligation to shoulder it. Doesn't solve anything.

It's the main problem, if Messi wanted money he would move to Real Madrid, Pérez would've sold CR7 and paid Messi whatever he asked.

It's delusional to think that Messi renews at least once a year because he wants more money, some think he's just another greedy player.

Just look at how miserable Iniesta was looking and playing before renewing, it's completely unrelated to the financial aspect.

These special canteranos legitimately feel indebted to Barcelona, La Masia gave them everything!

It's about feeling valued and respected by the football club that fulfilled all their childhood dreams, not about a new red sports car.

The moment a player really wants to leave a football club, make no mistake he will leave using all the means at his disposal.
Pampering wasn't the word I used it was one of big 2 papers quoting Bart. I only speculate that Messi's walking and sulking (questionable) had to do with the use of that term to describe how they cater to him. No one should be pampered because then they become bigger than the club.

I fail to understand why you posted a man's opinion to explain anything substantial. I don't see any cold hard facts about how Messi is getting mistreated by the club. I haven't heard of anything about that, so please let me know so I can maybe understand reasons why Messi would not be happy and project that. As far as I know, the only bad things that have come from the board towards Messi has been isolated incident from Faus' comments and that Neymar makes more than him wages collectively. Is there anything else that would make people draw such conclusions that he is being mistreated because I just don't see it?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Nice post, Flavia...Yeah, Rafael is bang on...Some of us were talking about this once Valdes' coach was let go and his renewal disappeared with it..not that long after Pep left, of course...It's like a slow leak in a damn that started a few years back and is now about to burst if it isn't addressed properly...I'm definitely worried

dakt

I would give up on Messi only after a full season of catastrophic play. Couple of games is just not enough to even start thinking that he should be sold or something.
What worries me sometimes about him is that he looks too emotional and that can fall if there isn't much support around him. And yes, he doesn't have that thirst as he used to...and everybody, including my self
just expect miracles to happen every time he recieves the ball.

F

Flavia

Pampering wasn't the word I used it was one of big 2 papers quoting Bart. I only speculate that Messi's walking and sulking (questionable) had to do with the use of that term to describe how they cater to him. No one should be pampered because then they become bigger than the club.

I fail to understand why you posted a man's opinion to explain anything substantial. I don't see any cold hard facts about how Messi is getting mistreated by the club. I haven't heard of anything about that, so please let me know so I can maybe understand reasons why Messi would not be happy and project that. As far as I know, the only bad things that have come from the board towards Messi has been isolated incident from Faus' comments and that Neymar makes more than him wages collectively. Is there anything else that would make people draw such conclusions that he is being mistreated because I just don't see it?

You should pay more attention, then. So much stuff going on. Not only with Messi, but when you pay attention to everything this board's been doing for the past years, you realize a lot is wrong. But I was just pointed to you quoteing he is being pampered. He's not. He should be, though. He's the best player in the world, homegrown, loves the club. Laporta also say today he doesn't understand why Messi's situation hasn't been dealt with yet. He should be the club's top priority.

Nice post, Flavia...Yeah, Rafael is bang on...Some of us were talking about this once Valdes' coach was let go and his renewal disappeared with it..not that long after Pep left, of course...It's like a slow leak in a damn that started a few years back and is now about to burst if it isn't addressed properly...I'm definitely worried

Yeah. I just hope this is dealt with soon, and the new about Bartomeu summoning him to tell him he's very important are true.

CatalinR10

Sabella (coach ARG): "ARG always starts the World Cup feeling we can win, but this time maybe a bit more because we have Messi." [efe]

Pepe Silvia

You should pay more attention, then. So much stuff going on. Not only with Messi, but when you pay attention to everything this board's been doing for the past years, you realize a lot is wrong. But I was just pointed to you quoteing he is being pampered. He's not. He should be, though. He's the best player in the world, homegrown, loves the club. Laporta also say today he doesn't understand why Messi's situation hasn't been dealt with yet. He should be the club's top priority.

Yeah. I just hope this is dealt with soon, and the new about Bartomeu summoning him to tell him he's very important are true.
Well you are from the school of thought that being pampered is okay, where as I am from the one that feels the player is never bigger than the club. That is not to say that I wouldn't compensate like crazy or make sure the player is respected highly, but to allow walking on the pitch, sulking, and saving himself for wc is beyond insulting to fans who pay top dollar to watch him play. I have paid attention to the Barca-centric news Flavia, but you still didn't provide Messi specific examples where he himself was being insulted, disrespected, or made to feel anything less than a superstar or the leader of the club (except for that Faus incident). Everything else has been worshiping Messi no?

As for the contract renewal, it's at its final stages 80%. Only the details remain, which is completely understandable given the legal and monetary aspects in the fine print so it pays to do it right. Laporta says good things, but he also winds things up so calling out what he says in regards to Messi's contract is opportunistic at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans