10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, but another one is never good I suppose. To many injuries can destroy a player. And what do you think about his pace? Will he become slower? I just want to be disproved here. I Will crush me if he isnt coming back to ubermensch level.

I think Messi has already lost his pace and slowed down quite a bit compared to his early years. That's OK, it is natural for players to change and adapt as they get older. It is something we fans will have to accept.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think Messi has already lost his pace and slowed down quite a bit compared to his early years. That's OK, it is natural for players to change and adapt as they get older. It is something we fans will have to accept.

I don't think that's true at all. His style of game has changed because he has moved centrally, not because he has lost pace. He has also learned to conserve energy better. He knows better now when to run, when to accelerate, when to slow down and when to change speed. He is much more efficient with his resources, hence why he has become such a prolific and efficient scorer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think that's true at all. His style of game has changed because he has moved centrally, not because he has lost pace. He has also learned to conserve energy better. He knows better now when to run, when to accelerate, when to slow down and when to change speed. He is much more efficient with his resources, hence why he has become such a prolific and efficient scorer.

But he is definitely not as fast as before on occasions when he tries these days, no?

F

Flavia

1517925_597336933672110_722105519_n.jpg

Thiago :)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
But he is definitely not as fast as before on occasions when he tries these days, no?

He doesn't make those lightning fast mazy runs down the wing because he does not play down the wing anymore. He has played CF for 4 years, and his physique and playing style has adapted for that. He has gotten bigger, more physical, learned better movement, all due to his new position. It is less that he lost this ability, and more like his new position demanded he honed new ones and put old ones on a lower priority.

If he were to move permanently back to the wing, you'd see him slim down and return to that lightning quick nightmarish mismatch for defenders. Though I would almost guarantee you he would be less efficient and score less too.

NotInHere

Depends. I've tried some that are not that sweet. The best ones are balanced, so the taste isn't too sweet.
Ok, the looks of them caught my attention, might go to my nearest pastry bakery and see if they have them.

Or is it a South America thing only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans