10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

His goal was out of this world, a masterpiece, vintage Barca.

This is the football we should aim for. Nearly impossible to defend. Beautiful

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
This thread is so nice today...

Won't last, so I'll soak it in as much as I can and bottle it for the near future.

dakt

This match was a proof to me and many of us that he's still up there. But I would still like to see him press more.
W/O him we are totally different team. And that just scares me.

Kerrybai

Haha, to be fair he shouldn't be immune to criticism when he have a bad game (read Malaga)

But that game was't his fault, there was simply nothing he could do with those tactics. There is a difference between a and game ( Apoel ) and a game where the coach gets it wrong ( Malaga )

Every bad game is blamed on him when the coach should really be taking the blame. Its a weird thing we have going on barcaforum, the likes of redcafe, rawk, bayernzone etc always talk about how the tactics were wrong etc while a lot of people here jump at Messi.

But that game was't his fault, there was simply nothing he could do with those tactics. There is a difference between a and game ( Apoel ) and a game where the coach gets it wrong ( Malaga )

Every bad game is blamed on him when the coach should really be taking the blame. Its a weird thing we have going on barcaforum, the likes of redcafe, rawk, bayernzone etc always talk about how the tactics were wrong etc while a lot of people here jump at Messi.
Well today was a bad game and he was Motm for me so i hardly blame him for every bad game. Seriously he was as bad as the rest of the team was in that game(Malaga), no other way about it.

blaugrana1987

Messi was immense tonight. Wonderful. He did drop a bit in the end, but he was constantly looking for one-two like a first goal but sadly those are not coming. Iniesta did great with first goal, but later he was just disconnected. Neymar needs too long to release pass and Rakitic/Alves are simply not clicking with Messi at all. Suarez can't come soon enough its that clear.

Kohe321

Best performance from him that I've seen since 2012. Too bad that on this particular night 9 of our other players were having a poor to abysmal game. Neymar was good, and that's pretty much it.

I honestly can't think of one moment where he had the ball that was anything other than awesome, at the very least. There were times where he was crowded by two-three players and the ball was passed to him where I'd think "oh no, at the very best he can pass it back quickly and we keep possession, but most likely we lose possession and get countered". But no, he somehow managed to keep it, do a magic touch and turn and shake off his defenders over and over again, start a run towards goal and suddenly we're in their box creating danger. Such a shame that our other players were not switched on tonight and couldn't take advantage of the numerous awesome attacks that Messi set up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans