10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublehh03

I think Messi definitely will try harder v. stiffer competition. Superb game from him tonight. PSG literally swarmed him and he still had like 7 dribbles.

Neymar really needs to improve his form in terms of creating. Messi can't be the only creator, esp. on a night Neymar AND Iniesta were off.

And Messi really needs to take more shots on goals. Averaging less than 3.5 shots on goal this year. That's just unacceptable.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

I think Messi definitely will try harder v. stiffer competition. Superb game from him tonight. PSG literally swarmed him and he still had like 7 dribbles.

Neymar really needs to improve his form in terms of creating. Messi can't be the only creator, esp. on a night Neymar AND Iniesta were off.

And Messi really needs to take more shots on goals. Averaging less than 3.5 shots on goal this year. That's just unacceptable.

It's a no win for Messi though, before people felt he was taking up to much of our attack, now he is shooting less and Neymar is shooting more, so which should it be?

Also the sample size is too small as I mentioned before, and do we really want him taking more shots if they are not good scoring chances? Maybe less is better with Messi as he focuses on creating goals and only shoots when the chance is clear.

Finally if Messi goes back to shooting at around 5.5 like in previous seasons then there is no chance of Neymar and Saurez hitting above 3 per games, we will just go back to being dependent on his goals.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I am telling the day is not far when messi decides to leave barca. Some rich club will play his buyout and barca will gladly take that money for the revamp of camp nou. And when the day comes we are doomed. We will take at least 5-6 years to recover.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Byu7CESCIAAoU35.png

:wub:

History repeating.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am telling the day is not far when messi decides to leave barca. Some rich club will play his buyout and barca will gladly take that money for the revamp of camp nou. And when the day comes we are doomed. We will take at least 5-6 years to recover.

What telltale signs did I miss that you are seeing?

The president of PSG did jokingly (or not) say yesterday that they'd talk to us about Messi. Other than that, I haven't heard anything.

I

instinct

lol k

Irish_Cules

I'm not so sure that it's quite the same as Messi/Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho was taking an 18 year old kid from the academy under his wing. Neymar is young but he was already a a superstar when he arrived and he cost a massive fee. While I do believe that Messi and Neymar get on well together it's obvious that Neymar is sucking up to Messi big time.

You can see it in the celebrations, the way he talks about him etc. He's clearly trying to remind Leo constantly that he's number one and that he doesn't want to take that away from him. It's the right thing to do on his part and he obviously heard the stories regarding Ibra, Villa etc. It doesn't matter if those stories are true or not but the media was constantly talking about whether he would be a threat to Messi's role or future so this was definitely something Neymar was worried about.

Last year he was constantly looking to set up Messi instead of taking a shot himself. This year he is taking more initiative himself and there were two occasions last night where he went to shoot/himself and ignored Messi and you could see Messi get annoyed when he lost possession. Again, this is good that he is taking on more responsibility and Messi should be annoyed that he loses the ball. I'm just saying that there is an element to their relationship that is clearly about knowing each others place within the team. They probably do get on great but let's not paint it as a lovey dovey best friends 4evz kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans