10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
other continents have minnows, too. brazil played against teams such as iraq and china.

and scoring 2 goals against hong kong isn't that impressive, as far as messi is concerned.

Agreed that scoring against HK is not impressive at all, but I disagree on the minnow part about Iraq and China etc. These countries are far, far better than Euro minnows such as Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands etc.

Rahj

the teams you listed are not on the same level. san marino and andorra suck. period.(no offense, these countires are just too small.) the others could draw iraq and china on a good day at home.

L

linetty

Bz6jvyCCEAA6O3N.jpg

Schumi

other continents have minnows, too. brazil played against teams such as iraq and china.

and scoring 2 goals against hong kong isn't that impressive, as far as messi is concerned.

When did I say that Hong Kong was great? And Neymar has never scored against them anyway. China and Iraq, as was pointed out by another poster are far superior to the Euro-mini-states that the European strikers so much enjoy playing against. And again, you can have a look at the opponents against whom Neymar has scored against. Not an easy list by any count: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neymar#Career_statistics

Schumi

the teams you listed are not on the same level. san marino and andorra suck. period.(no offense, these countires are just too small.) the others could draw iraq and china on a good day at home.

It's not just San Marino and Andorra. There are about 20 European mini-states that are simply cannon fodder. All the South American NTs could annihilate them at will. Neymar has never scored against a single European mini-NT. Just check out the records of Klose, RvP, Henry, Villa, Nistleroy, Rooney, Ibra, Ronaldo etc etc etc...

Rahj

the hong kong bit was about messi. and i also never said that neymar only scores against minnows, just that they also played them.

Schumi

i guess football experts now have to introduce the minnow percentage when talking about goal tallies. :D

Well, when comparing South American strikers with European strikers we must definitely take that into account. There are so many statelets in Europe at present that many of the QF games have been rendered meaningless. Where there was a united Yugoslavia, a USSR and a Czechoslovakia, there are now only shattered parts of a jigsaw puzzle that make for cannon fodder for the good European teams. We also have several minnows in the western part of the continent that I need not repeat again. I am just saying that we must always keep that in mind.

F

Flavia

How was he today? I couldn't watch it. Glad he didn't play the whole 90 min, but from his heat map, looks like Tata will play him rw:

Bz6s1hKCcAEFezd.jpg

Against better teams, I don't think this will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans