10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarcón

I'm kinda bummed that he didn't break the record today but honestly, I think he doesn't even care all that much, certainly less than us fans do. Let's hope he plays well in El Clásico.

MagIX

The denigration campaign on Messi image + image cleaning of CR did not start now, but already last year.
I am sure that behind all this there is a specific plan: too many financial interests at stake.

Kerrybai

Only thing that's a little bit negative on his game is his finishing, been seen a lot of goals missed that he would usually bury back then.

Hm I wouldn't say that about tonight. The two chances he skyrocketed were tough shots, yes he should have done better but I wouldn't call those chances he would usually finish.

Good game tonight as usual from him, I'm a bit dissappointed that the hat tricks or even 2 goal games are not coming for him. These are the sort of games where he needs to hit more than 1 goal if he is to reach half a century for the season etc... not that it makes a difference to Barca but I love seeing him get 50+ a season. I think Suarez will make a big difference though and with him we should be beating these sort of teams 5-6 goal more often.

He had an epic nutmeg pass to Pedro before getting the ball back and moving past 2-3 defenders in the box, the speed at which he moved his feet was immense.

Ursegor

World Champion
Messi waiting for Enrique in the parking lots for 'a chat' after getting subbed off in the 65th minute (via @marca)

B0gEqRTCcAA6M8c.jpg:large

sabby

What's the assist record in liga or any other league ? Pretty sure Messi's gonna break that by a lot this season.

Schumi

Hm I wouldn't say that about tonight. The two chances he skyrocketed were tough shots, yes he should have done better but I wouldn't call those chances he would usually finish.

Good game tonight as usual from him, I'm a bit dissappointed that the hat tricks or even 2 goal games are not coming for him. These are the sort of games where he needs to hit more than 1 goal if he is to reach half a century for the season etc... not that it makes a difference to Barca but I love seeing him get 50+ a season. I think Suarez will make a big difference though and with him we should be beating these sort of teams 5-6 goal more often.

He had an epic nutmeg pass to Pedro before getting the ball back and moving past 2-3 defenders in the box, the speed at which he moved his feet was immense.

You answer the question that you have posted there. It does not matter for the team if we win 3-1 (and Messi scores one of the goals) or 5-1 (and Messi scores a hat-trick)

Furthermore, it is far more important for Messi (and Neymar and now Suarez) to be scoring once every game, rather than scoring hat-tricks and braces against dead-and-buried opposition and then drawing blanks the following games. What is even more important is to keep our good defensive record going. I know we conceded a poor goal last night, but that came only after Messi, Neymar and Iniesta were subbed off and Ajax started seeing much more of the ball. Before our stars were subbed they could not get a sniff at our goal. They would never have scored if it was not for the Clasico-inspired subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans