10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylonian

I'll translate to the best of my ability.

"The worst season from the genius"
"The lowest hours of Messi"
"The declining curve of Messi" (in reference to his performance)

In small print:

"In his best season 2010-11, his numbers are godlike: more than 100 interventions per game"
"Today his interventions have been reduced 33%"
"If the numbers say anything, we can say Messi is in crisis"

Appreciate it!! :beer2:

MMKa

Khaled, do you have the complete stats on both Messi and Ronaldo for 2014? Games, goals and assists? :)

Messi
Liga 11: 13+6
Copa 5: 5+3
UCL 2: 2+0
Arg: 1: 0+0
Total: 19 matches 20 goals 9 assists (+1 non-OPTA assist); 1586 minutes

Cronaldo
Liga 9: 8+2
Copa 6: 3+1
UCL 2: 4+2
Por 1: 2+0
Total: 18 matches 17 goals 5 assists (+1 non-OPTA assist); 1556 minutes

CatalinR10

BjggAI6CUAA7-dm.jpg

KhaledBarca

Messi

Cronaldo

Hopefully, Messi will start increasing the lead like he did in 2012...

V

voodoomaster

Hahaha, stupid marca, totally owned by messis key involvements which resulted in 1 assist and 3 goals against the supposedly second best team on the planet. Talk about decline. He is actually getting better, first hat trick for a barca player at Santiago since 1964, most goals and assists in el classico, and he is only 26, this guy is insane! There is so much more, cant wait for Vigo.

P

Patty2720

Hopefully, Messi will start increasing the lead like he did in 2012...

What does "non-OPTA assist" mean?

Also, do you have a match-match stat of his record breaking 2012? Would be awesome to compare how well he is doing this time of the year compared to 2012.

Pepe Silvia

Sublime passes to start the match. Intensity was there, and he had the eye of the tiger. He played for the team the entire match, and I can't say the same for CR. It was clear that Messi is miles ahead of everyone, and the next best player was also on our side. Such a joy to watch this team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Marca and Ass dedicate a lot of their space to portraying us and our players in a negative light, I wonder, do MD and Sport do the same, trying to discredit, mock Real Madrid players at every turn? To me their cover stories are always focused on Barca and nothing else.

khorne

Marca and Ass dedicate a lot of their space to portraying us and our players in a negative light, I wonder, do MD and Sport do the same, trying to discredit, mock Real Madrid players at every turn? To me their cover stories are always focused on Barca and nothing else.

I think it's save to say they are just as bad. or good depending on how you view it. it's biased sensationalist sport journalism, made entirely for the supporters of the respective teams, but apparently that's just what a lot of people want to read. but barca can't claim the morale high ground on that front i'm afraid.

btw that winning penalty was among the most impressive things i've ever seen from messi, when you consider the pressure, the hostile atmosphere and the way he executed it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Messi

Cronaldo

Messi back to the top. I thought Ronaldo was better in 2013 than Messi, but Messi has been better than Ronaldo in 2014 so far.

He'll win his 5th Ballon D'or if he keeps it up.

MMKa

What does "non-OPTA assist" mean?

Also, do you have a match-match stat of his record breaking 2012? Would be awesome to compare how well he is doing this time of the year compared to 2012.

For example a shot on goal rebounded from post, keeper, player... And scored by another. Like that goal by Puyol assisted by Messi: [youtube]A-lAdl3yor8[/youtube]
Also for penalties and freekicks, a player who gets fouled, gets assist point. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(football)

2012 here: http://kahkonen.arkku.net/messi/?matches/index/2012o (91+22 and 7 non-OPTA)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans