10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Guys, I am officially now a member of my local gym ;D

*At the age of 24 -almost 25, this is my first heartbreak, I don't really know how to deal with it all, but I hope going to the gym will help me get my mind off things. Even though we still live together :,(

Congrats on taking action!

Next step should be to stop living together if it's really over it will only make things complicated.

El Flaco

Human Right Foundation condemns Lionel Messi’s hypocritical celebration of Gabon’s dictator

"In providing PR services to Gabon's Bongo family, Lionel Messi has seriously undermined the credibility of his own charitable foundation"

"Whereas Messi claims to support children's rights, and even serves as a UNICEF ambassador to promote youth education, he has endorsed a kleptocratic regime that refuses to investigate the ritual murder of children in Gabon"

"Messi's trip is part of the Bongo family's PR campaign to promote the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, which Gabon will host at enormous expense despite the fact that the Bongo family's embezzlement has left 20% of the population to live on less than $2 per day"

"It’s shocking, given the recent public humiliation endured by Jennifer Lopez, Mariah Carey, and Kanye West, that Messi's management and the athlete himself would consider putting his prestige at the service of a serial human rights abuser"

"If Messi wants to do good in Gabon, HRF recommends that rather than partying with oppressors, he release a statement in solidarity with the country’s persecuted dissidents and environmentalists, and press the regime to investigate the ritual murders of children"

http://humanrightsfoundation.org/ne...critical-celebration-of-gabons-dictator-00449

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I really would like to know where the HRF was , when this happened ?

ShowImage.ashx

Who is the hypocrite now ? Bunch of twats.

Stric

I don't know why, all I'm saying is that you can't hold Messi accountable for the things that he takes part in as a club's player. Those are not his decisions to make.

Anyway, I would be lying if I said I'm very familiar the political context of Gabon and that Bongo family, but if it is true what they're writing about them, then Messi's PR people are idiots. You don't associate with dictators and criminals, ever, I don't care what the occasion is. That should be PR 101.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I don't know why, all I'm saying is that you can't hold Messi accountable for the things that he takes part in as a club's player. Those are not his decisions to make.

Anyway, I would be lying if I said I'm very familiar the political context of Gabon and that Bongo family, but if it is true what they're writing about them, then Messi's PR people are idiots. You don't associate with dictators and criminals, ever, I don't care what the occasion is. That should be PR 101.

Im not holding Messi accountable for anything. I'm talking about the HRF , who seem to condemn someones (in this case Messi) visit to Gabon , but when the visit happens to be Isreal , I cant seem to find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans