10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what do you think the GOAT or the physical coaches (or whatever you call it in English) did to prevent injuries this season? Incredible how he:

played almost every match,
never got subbed off,
played every three days,
got tackled hard all the time
played as MF in several matches to distribute balls to Neymar and Suárez

And he still didn't get injured! It's like he's made of adamantium... This fella has been playing almost without a break since August '13, that's incredible. He will be 28 next month, so he's not that youg anymore, when your body allow more physical punishment, it's an accomplishment to my eyes.

Is it a change in diet, is he taking fitness training much more seriously than before? I really don't believe it's just luck. Sorry if this question seems naive. I'm 25 (26 this year) and I do jogging three times a week, but I'm not an athlete, so I don't know anything about how it is to take your body to extreme physical levels for almost 10 months without significant interruption. Whatever he or the fantastic coaches from FCB did this season, deserves some massive praise :worthy:

Let's hope the GOAT :messi: rest a lot to be fresh for CdR and UCL finals!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
CF27PDMWAAAfBmn.jpg

Stric

Those Thiago photoshops are hilarious, every one of them. :lol: Who would think that a few photos of Thiago running around in a Barca shirt during the celebration would provide so much entertainment later on. :lol:

Stric

2012 will be tough to beat. I won't say impossible, because it's Messi after all, but tough, to say the least.

KingLeo10

i'll take a season/year with legacy defining goals such as versus bayern, atletico etc over meaningless hat tricks in la liga any day.

LordLichtenstein

Guys, I am currently making the mother of all Messi stats, it should be up later this week. Until then. :messi:

I might need the help of you guys, do any of you know -or is interested in finding out, how many "2nd" assists (3rd touch before goal) Messi have?

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
2012 was a monster year for messi. This is different messi, he is not looking to score more goals now. He is just trying to help the team and sharing the burden with suarez and neymar.

MMKa

This was great stat by Khaled, balls won back in a season

[tw]602527485096554496[/tw]

It tells why 2015 is not 2012 goalwise.

M

monamou

2012 has been insane. I never thought he could keep up with that again. Incredible.

All attacking records were broken during that season ( goals scored, goal difference, messi goals etc ) and yet barça was in relative decline and won only the copa (though we deserved the league, or messi deserved the league)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MARCA named him the Best Player of the Season. Gaya Breakthrough Player of the Season.

Inb4 LFP hands out Best player award to Cristiano :antonella:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans