10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

I dont want quick recovery. I just feel like he's going to rush himself and come back 50% healthy. We need him back at his best. Rather even skip Real game in order to be 100% later on this season. Let him recover properly.

Horatio

You're welcome
25 passes (63 procent successful)
0 keypasses
0 successful dribbles
0 through balls
0 goals
6 shots, one on target.
40 touches

Messi 30 min v Atletico
30 passes (93 procent successful)
2 keypasses
8 succesful dribbles
2 Through balls
1 goal
3 shots (2 on target)
44 touches

Slightly off-topic but I am sure nobody is going to mind.

Barcafan 2304

No doubt his all round game is what stands out. Entirely feasible that Ronaldo will finish top scorer but his all round contribution pales in comparison to Messi

RevoTeller

An0iiFnh.jpg

PS: There's much more infographics in the previous page of this thread...

25 passes (63 procent successful)
0 keypasses
0 successful dribbles
0 through balls
0 goals
6 shots, one on target.
40 touches

Messi 30 min v Atletico
30 passes (93 procent successful)
2 keypasses
8 succesful dribbles
2 Through balls
1 goal
3 shots (2 on target)
44 touches

Slightly off-topic but I am sure nobody is going to mind.

Cristiano Ronaldo is not even worth to be mentioned in the same breath of Messi's right foot, no matter how much he scores.
People who say otherwise simply don't watch games, however games themselves and all-around stats always do tell the truth.
End of the argument.

Horatio

You're welcome
Cristiano Ronaldo is not even worth to be mentioned in the same breath of Messi's right foot, no matter how much he scores.
People who say otherwise simply don't watch games, however games themselves and all-around stats always do tell the truth.
End of the argument.

Although I am inclined to agree with you no one ever said "no matter how much he scores" when comparing two players. Scoring, honestly, in almost every discussion weighs far heavier than most contributions. It's the reason we never see non-forward players win Balon d'Or. Luckily Messi scores a ton of goals as well so this argument doesn't apply.

El Flaco

Koeman (Former Barca CB): "Messi can dribble, defend and decide games all by himself. Now players like Suárez and Neymar need to step up."

RevoTeller

Although I am inclined to agree with you no one ever said "no matter how much he scores" when comparing two players. Scoring, honestly, in almost every discussion weighs far heavier than most contributions. It's the reason we never see non-forward players win Balon d'Or. Luckily Messi scores a ton of goals as well so this argument doesn't apply.

That's why discussing about fooball today is so shite: nowaday people only read numbers, and not the meaning behind them.
Going by this route, Maradona would be shite if compared to Gerd Muller to say one, since he didn't score even half of his goals, when, in reality, as a player, Maradona was 20 times Gerd Muller.
Messi on form would still be the best player in the world even if he scored 15/20 goals per year instead of 50; the fact that he even scores 50 goals is what makes him out of comparison and in a category of his own.
I very much prefer a player like prime Eto'o or on-form Suarez who scores 30/35 goals and still helps his team in so many other ways (defending, work rate, etc.) than Cristiano Ronaldo who lives for his own glory, scoring 60 goals, of which 30 are useless for his team or everything else but his own ego.
This is why I keep saying that a fit Benzema is a way better player for his team than current Cristiano Ronaldo, and in fact he is proving it.

100% fit Messi is simply out of this world for every other player, and Cristiano Ronaldo is totally no exception: this forever-going comparison is an insult to Leo's football greatness.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

That's why discussing about fooball today is so shite: nowaday people only read numbers, and not the meaning behind them.
Going by this route, Maradona would be shite if compared to Gerd Muller to say one, since he didn't score even half of his goals, when, in reality, as a player, Maradona was 20 times Gerd Muller.
Messi on form would still be the best player in the world even if he scored 15/20 goals per year instead of 50; the fact that he even scores 50 golas is what makes him out of comparison and in a category of his own.
I very much prefer a player like prime Eto'o or on-form Suarez who scores 30/35 goals and still helps his team in so many other ways (defending, work rate, etc.) than Cristiano Ronaldo who lives for his own glory, scoring 60 goals, of which 30 are useless for his team or everything else but his own ego.
This is why I keep saying that a fit Benzema is a way better player for his team than current Cristiano Ronaldo, and in fact he is proving it.

100% fit Messi is simply out of this world for every other player, and Cristiano Ronaldo is totally no exception: this forever-going comparison is an insult to Leo's football greatness.

Agree wholeheartedly. It's why a player like Busquets is vastly underrated and goes under the radar. We live in an era of football where YouTube highlights seem to dictate how good a player is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans