10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Seems Lewandowski numbers there includes his nts goals, while Messi and cr don't.
Misleading stat.

El Flaco

He does score some of the most beautiful goals these days

Agree.

Every dog has his day. Lewa is good but too one-dimensional

Wouldn't really say that he's one-dimensional. Lewy's showed many times that he's more than able to contribute in the build-up play for Bayern and NT.

It's not like that he's a Mandzukic...

Seems Lewandowski numbers there includes his nts goals, while Messi and cr don't.
Misleading stat.

Because Messi & Cristiano never played any cap during 2015, right?

No need to downplay Lewy's goal production during this year.

Last edited:

gasgas

Lewandowski is very good with technical play. Just because he plays the farthest man upfront doesn't mean he got no skills or technique. i have seen him making very smart passes, dribbles and movements.
he is very technical and certainly not your daily Mario Gomez

silvia

actually, Suarez can score a lot if were not for the fifa ban.
Lewandowski started to score a lot with the add of Douglas Costa.
barca's squad at this moment is really not good for scoring a lot.
just a continuity to win, and i will be happy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
True. Mandzo was only instrumental in Bayern's CL title.

Scored in the final, but had 3 goals in the entire tournament. Lewandowski had 10 in the same year and helped BVB to a Final.

Benzema is also a very good all-round striker. Might lack a bit in the goals, but contributes a lot to the team like the aforementioned two.

Aguero and others are obviously World Class too, but I do somewhat rate all-round strikers like Suarez, Lewandowski, Benzema higher because of their overall impact for the team...

Last edited:

El Flaco

True. Mandzo was only instrumental in Bayern's CL title.

Mate... My question was that if Lewy's a one-dimensional player according by you, then what about your fellow country man? A player who's pretty much useless most of the time if the ball doesn't come directly to his feet within few meters of the goal in order to score. And he never seems to do anything besides stand there and wait for the perfect pass to come to him. He's nothing but a poacher, a really good one at least.

To use the CL-title (an achievement by the whole team) is not a valid argument to say Mandzo > Lewy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Where did I say that Mandzo wasn't one-dimensional?
And btw. someone else mentioned Mandzo here first, not me.

Can't see what Lewandowski topic is doing in Messi thread when the Pole is 3 classes below.

El Flaco

I used Mandzo as an example of how a one-dimenstional striker is when you said that about Lewy.

But yeah, it's off-topic.

F

Frejsgodes

Can't see what Lewandowski topic is doing in Messi thread when the Pole is 3 classes below.

It's fairly obvious. Messi and Ronaldo have similar statistical output in terms of goals. We are used to that. With Lewandowski now having scored 41 goals in 41 matches, he is producing at the same rate as Messi and Ronaldo. Doesn't mean Lewandowski is in their class overall, but since Messi is the benchmark when it comes to scoring it certainly deserves mentioning when you're putting up those numbers. That's why it takes place in here.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah.. the goalscoring stats.

Yeah, you can use Lewandowski there but bear in mind Lewandowski played and plays as CF in Bayernliga whereas Messi plays on the wing. Hardly a good comparison.

And then there are previous stats as mentioned here already with likes of Gomez.
Before there was Jardel and many more.

So yeah, every dog has his day and this is Lewa's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans