10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The club shouldn't allow him. Ridiculous. What's more important is that Messi is fully fit before he's back to avoid more injuries.

Argentina have good enough players and should have won these two games they just played. Maybe they should get rid of Tata instead of potentially trying to ruin Leo's progress back to full fitness.

Kerrybai

If he's fit then he should absolutely play the 2 games for Argentina. 2 more losses and they could be genuinely at risk of not making it to Russia.

xXKonan

Knowing Tata he will Rush Messi back to save his own ass.

Tata's Argentina is pretty much an extension of his days at Barcelona. and no Doubt he will try and Force Messi to come back.

Stric

You guys are ridiculous. As if any coach other than Tata would say "that's fine, I won't call up Messi even if there's a chance he will have recovered by then".

F

Flavia

You guys are ridiculous. As if any coach other than Tata would say "that's fine, I won't call up Messi even if there's a chance he will have recovered by then".

He won't be fully recovered, and he won't be match fit. Calling him to play vs Brazil and/or Colombia would be 100% irresponsible.
What's ridiculous is Tata wanting to use Messi to save his own ass.

Stric

He won't be fully recovered, and he won't be match fit. Calling him to play vs Brazil and/or Colombia would be 100% irresponsible.
What's ridiculous is Tata wanting to use Messi to save his own ass.

And this has what exactly to do with my post?

Jesus Christ, this forum. I said absolutely nothing about whether Messi will recover or not. The entire point was that if someone else (ANYONE else) was the NT coach, they wouldn't completely rule out calling up Messi either, until they were absolutely sure he couldn't make it. Sabella would have done the same, as would Maradona or any other previous or future coach.

Oh and yes, what an absolutely ridiculous idea that a coach wants to use the best player in history, if there's a chance he's available.

F

Flavia

Jesus Christ, this forum. I said absolutely nothing about whether Messi will recover or not. The entire point was that if someone else (ANYONE else) was the NT coach, they wouldn't completely rule out calling up Messi either, until they were absolutely sure he couldn't make it. Sabella would have done the same, as would Maradona or any other previous or future coach.

Oh and yes, what an absolutely ridiculous idea that a coach wants to use the best player in history, if there's a chance he's available.

Yeah, rushing him back because Tata is clueless is such a brilliant idea... Not ridiculous at all :facepalm:
Everybody knows Messi's love for his nt, and those type of statements just put pressure on him. Messi had a serious injury, not a minor one. Tata should be concerned with his full recovery, not with rushing him back to save his job.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Jesus Christ, this forum. I said absolutely nothing about whether Messi will recover or not. The entire point was that if someone else (ANYONE else) was the NT coach, they wouldn't completely rule out calling up Messi either, until they were absolutely sure he couldn't make it. .

I agree.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Look, if Messi recovers in time, then Tata will be damned whatever he does. Call Messi up? Barca fans will eat Tata alive. Leave Messi at home? If the games go wrong, then the Argentina fans will have Tata's head. What is he supposed to do? He's Argentina's coach and will do what he needs to for the team he coaches.

As long as Tata doesn't play Messi for the whole time both games, then it'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans