10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex88bg

Does anyone have a video from 2 seasons ago when he was coming in injured vs PSG game in CL ,crowd reaction etc...?

He was such a hero that season,no Barca fan should forget what he did for the club that season...

raskolnikov

Those vids dont do his performance justice imo.

It doesnt show how terrible Barca was playing before he came on, Paris getting chance after chance.
Camera switching to Messi constantly to capture his nervous reaction. Pastore scores and Messi gets up immediately.
Crowd goes insane when he comes on, players seem to get an instant confidence boost and for the first time in over an hour the flow of the game switches and Barca get the upperhand. Messi (even still injured) psychologically caused fear into the psg players and made them stop what they were doing for more than an hour, Barca got back right back on track and went to the semi's.

Those vids only show his contribution to the goal and him being mostly limping injured struggling to be his usual self but it was so much more than that.
That was extreme messidependencia. Game vs Bilbao a while later as wel for example, we shoud have became champions at that point, it would have been perfectly fitting for the entire season.
In hindsight though it would propably have been better if he stayed on the bench against psg and we got eliminated. It would save us the 7-up vs Bayern and having an injured Messi all the way into 2014.
But thats life, eventually all these things led to our treble winning epic season, so its all good.

Kragod

Those vids dont do his performance justice imo.

It doesnt show how terrible Barca was playing before he came on, Paris getting chance after chance.
Camera switching to Messi constantly to capture his nervous reaction. Pastore scores and Messi gets up immediately.
Crowd goes insane when he comes on, players seem to get an instant confidence boost and for the first time in over an hour the flow of the game switches and Barca get the upperhand. Messi (even still injured) psychologically caused fear into the psg players and made them stop what they were doing for more than an hour, Barca got back right back on track and went to the semi's.

That is exactly what happened, and everyone felt it, not just Barca fans. I just cant find any other vids that captures that exact feeling of on one hand PSG players being all like "Oh Shiet!" when he came in, and on the other hand Barca team mates thinking " We got this shiet now, bitcheezzz!"

Last edited:

raskolnikov

That is exactly what happened, and everyone felt it, not just Barca fans. I just cant find any other vids that captures that exact feeling of on one hand PSG players being all like "Oh Shiet!" when he came in, and on the other hand Barca team mates thinking " We got this shiet now, bitcheezzz!"
Definitely, you could make a great video out of the story. I guess it wil be one of those things of why you can only judge players you have seen live.
Only people who followed that season and saw that game live can understand and appreciate it perfectly.

xXKonan

Del Bosque (coach ESP): "There was an attempt to nationalise Messi but he decided to stick with Argentina; he remained steadfast." [gu]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine if it happened. He'd have his World Cup and silenced even his biggest doubters.

I am glad he didn't though. I like his loyalty to Argentina and I do believe that Argentina missing out on trophies kept him even more motivated for Barca.

F

forcabarca

We shouldn't risk him and most probably he'll play in the last 30 mins or so. Best to rest him for the clasico.

F

forcabarca

Chances are he will play, he's already training, he was seeing doing rondos with the team.

The current Neyrez partnership is in good rhythm, Messi should be subbed in and Madrid shouldn't know what hit them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans