10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frejsgodes

Close to scoring on several occasions. Hit the woodwork. Missed some shots.

But finally scored, so all is well.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He's nowhere near his best, that much is obvious. Just hope it won't take a season before he gets back to it like last time.

NeyMesSis

He's nowhere near his best, that much is obvious. Just hope it won't take a season before he gets back to it like last time.

are you serious?? he was away for over two months.. he had 3 games in 7 days, he is tired!!

did you see him agains roma???

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi's mind was somewhere else. Even after the goal he looked stoic. In my opinion an indication that it is incidental. Rather play him bad because he is not focused instead of being down because he is not playing well. Also no reason for Messi to fatigue himself here as the victory was clearly in the bag.

But that is the great thing about Messi. Still involved in 2 goals on a bad day.

bismp

I wouldn't say nowhere.Give him a break,he came back after a serious injury.He has only played 2 full games so far and he has 3 goals and 1 assist.

By 2016 he will get his top form again

serghei

Good game overall I'd say. Had he scored that shot, it would've been the best goal of the game and he came 2 inches short. Amazing player. Just that he needs to accept that he is more valuable as an exceptional creator these days, than as a deadly finisher. That's all.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Really, guys?

He has just played in three matches in the short span of a week after coming back from an injury that kept him out of action for two months. Let him regain his match fitness. He looked much worse in the 2013/14 season than he did today.

Horatio

You're welcome
Good game overall I'd say. Had he scored that shot, it would've been the best goal of the game and he came 2 inches short. Amazing player. Just that he needs to accept that he is more valuable as an exceptional creator these days, than as a deadly finisher. That's all.

Disagree. He is still an exceptional finisher. Messi has one of the best aims at goal, being able to work it in through tight spaces. That shot was a testament to that. From that great distance still barely wide from the tight space.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys chill, that was the typical "lazy" performance that leo always shows when we are against a weak team and the game is already won.
He always gets into easy mode in these circumstances.
GOAT is fine, no need to worry.

lessthanjake

Messi has been the best finisher in the world for years. The percent of shots he scores above what the "expected goals" is for the shots he took has been the highest of anyone in the world. One somewhat off night of finishing doesn't change that.

bismp

Guys chill, that was the typical "lazy" performance that leo always shows when we are against a weak team and the game is already won.
He always gets into easy mode in these circumstances.
GOAT is fine, no need to worry.

+He just recovered from a fairly serious injury for Christ's sake

blaugrana1987

Guy is done...fucking sell him already!

No seriously, he had great match 3 days ago after coming from 2month knee injury. He will be 100% in 2-3 wks. Then...every other team better assume kneeling position :hooray:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Goal returns aside, Leo hasn't hit his stride. He's not nearly as involved or confident right now as he would be on form. The game went by him at times today because of the high pressure by Sociedad and the long-ball counter employed by Barca. It's good that he has nowhere to go but up, people need to remember the consistent devastation the real Messi is capable of.

NotInHere

i dont know why he looked sad throughout the match though, something personal happened. I just hope he is able to get back to his best because knee injuries usually slow you down..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans