10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaugrana1987

Messi cant do it on his own. Due to age hes not able to dribble 3-4 players and accelerate away from them like he could a few years ago.
Other players have to do their part aswell.
When was he able to dribble past 4 defenders in box? He was great today. Acceleration is back it seems, and he was the best player on the pitch by far. Drawing this one is on Lucho and cigarette man.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I liked him today. Suarez wasn't at his best... well to be fair... Suarez really didn't seem to play today, his touches were quite awful.

doublehh03

I think that his acceleration is still great,but his sprint speed has declined because of his age

People think b/c of the Bilbao goal that he can dribble across 6-7 defenders all the time. No, even as good as he is, those things rarely happens.

He had 11 dribbles today so he was magnificent, along with some ridiculous Messi-like passes. This is easily his best game since he has returned. He's nearly back to his best.

NotInHere

I don't know what game you guys were watching but leos acceleration was on point today, this whole "old age, he cant beat players anymore" didnt app,y today, only thing that I notice was towards the end his body language seemed like if he didnt care or had that sense of urgency to win the game, still he played a great game

doublehh03

I notice was towards the end his body language seemed like if he didnt care or had that sense of urgency to win the game, still he played a great game

Happened in the 2nd half of the Bayern game too. It's all due to Munir/Sandro. You can see his frustration clearly.

NotInHere

Happened in the 2nd half of the Bayern game too. It's all due to Munir/Sandro. You can see his frustration clearly.
agreed, those two guys bring nothing to the table for messi in terms of great understanding between each other, not to mention suarez wasn't great today.

silvia

no, it was due to defense mistakes, losing the balls in risky areas. Munir and Sandro hardly touched the ball.
It would have been more helpful teammates used Sandro

doublehh03

no, it was due to defense mistakes, losing the balls in risky areas. Munir and Sandro hardly touched the ball.
It would have been more helpful teammates used Sandro

Munir lost the ball pretty much all the time the ball came to him when he subbed in. Literally. Nothing happened when the ball when to his side.

Sandro had his chances. Outside of the chance he created for Suarez, nothing happened. You need to build something for the team to give you the ball. It's like wasting chances when you do right now.

These 2 guys are giving chances to do things and nothing is developing. It's very disappointing.

dakt

2 months is long time in football. If he still has motivation and enjoys the game I don't see any problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans