10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

I honestly doubt Argentina will have that chance again during Messi's era. I don't think many people expected them to get to the finals in the first place.

xXKonan

CYcdpwJWwAA0HGf.jpg

Horatio

You're welcome
I honestly doubt Argentina will have that chance again during Messi's era. I don't think many people expected them to get to the finals in the first place.

If turned into a midfielder he still has two World Cups to participate in.
He still has a chance. Argentina is a team that is highly favourite to make it to the quarter finals at least. From there they just need some luck.

Altomonte

I first saw Messi when I watched a game at Camp Nou when Abidal and Maxwell were still playing for Barça. He scored 2 goals and turned me into a Barça fan. Xavi and Iniesta performed as well at an extremely high level, but Messi was extra special because he had this gift of creating goal chances out of nothing. Watching him play is such a pleasure that I have become addicted to watching Barça games. Living in the US, I tried really hard to understand American Football, Baseball, and Basketball. I liked watching the Yankees when they won their World Series, I watched Michael Jordan and I watched the 49'ers, Packers, Patriots etc. win Superbowls.
But watching Barça at its best (like the final 20 minutes of the home game against Bayern in the CL semifinal) is just like nothing else. Messi's two goals were so amazing, no other sports that can compare.
We are privileged to be able to watch football (soccer) played at this level, and Messi is the master all others are trying to emulate.
In addition, he is a team player who is helping his buddies Neymar and Suarez (and now even Arda Tuaran) to fully reach their potential.
Let's just enjoy what we are witnessing and hope it will last for a long time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Got my wisdom teeth out so I missed the ceremony and spent the last 6 hours or so drugged up :lol:

Congrats to Leo! The transition from man to myth is almost complete.

raki

How on earth did he not win the puskas award? I bet you if cristiano scored that knda of goal he would win it without hesitation.. My god what planet are we living in.

Fans vote. There was a huge campaign in Brazil. And the people that dont like Messi. lol.
No sweat. The brazilian kid has the chance to make a living. No biggie.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Only thing missing for him is World Cup. And he came so close year and a half ago.
Had he scored from that opportunity while it was 0-0...

:( That world cup final still gives me nightmares. If he had scored in that final his legend would be too perfect.

SirXavi

The Engineer
Fans vote. There was a huge campaign in Brazil. And the people that dont like Messi. lol.
No sweat. The brazilian kid has the chance to make a living. No biggie.

A Puskas award won't make or break Messi's legacy. It's not that big of a deal if he ever wins it or not. Plus I like that the guy that no one expected to win actually won, even if it is just a Puskas award. I also thought his David vs Goliath speech was nice as well.

Last edited:

Bandura

A couple of months ago i saw an interview with Deco, talking about Messi (in portuguese).

He said that barca players used to have a mini soccer game. It was an 1 vs 1 in reduced space. He didn't explain the rules, but said that the first one to achieve 11 goals would win.
He and Ronaldinho were the best at the game, when a 17-18 year old Messi asked to play.
In the first game, Deco said he won (11x8 if i'm not mistaken), but during the game looked at Ronaldinho and said something like "man, he is letting me win, it's unbelievable". After the game ended, he talked to Messi and told him that he shouldn't give the game away. It was the only time he (Deco) won. After this, he said Leo never lost a game, and sometimes he felt that he was letting the games get closer than they would naturally be.

The GOAT alongside Pelé

PS: Can't believe he didn't won the Puskas award.

BarneyR10

I first saw Messi when I watched a game at Camp Nou when Abidal and Maxwell were still playing for Barça. He scored 2 goals and turned me into a Barça fan. Xavi and Iniesta performed as well at an extremely high level, but Messi was extra special because he had this gift of creating goal chances out of nothing. Watching him play is such a pleasure that I have become addicted to watching Barça games. Living in the US, I tried really hard to understand American Football, Baseball, and Basketball. I liked watching the Yankees when they won their World Series, I watched Michael Jordan and I watched the 49'ers, Packers, Patriots etc. win Superbowls.
But watching Barça at its best (like the final 20 minutes of the home game against Bayern in the CL semifinal) is just like nothing else. Messi's two goals were so amazing, no other sports that can compare.
We are privileged to be able to watch football (soccer) played at this level, and Messi is the master all others are trying to emulate.
In addition, he is a team player who is helping his buddies Neymar and Suarez (and now even Arda Tuaran) to fully reach their potential.
Let's just enjoy what we are witnessing and hope it will last for a long time.

i wonder how messi did vs dinho though :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am asking for a direct ban, plain and simple. Trolls should not be accepted here. Or at least not trolls with such comments. :)

Yeah, I let this one in just to remind us here and there what kind of people are out there and that are kept outside of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans