10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaVillain

no my point was not that he can't dribble, of course he can but not with the same ease like he used to, before he would blow past people so easily.

Evolution. If it enables him to play every game and rest in part during the match, I'd rather that than have to leave him out. He comes alive and wins the game. It isn't the all action performances from when he was 19-20 and doubtless there are medical reasons for that. The time to worry about the impact he has is when he isn't scoring or assisting and the team are losing, not when he's just scored a fantastic free kick and the team have just equalled a la liga record.

doublehh03

no my point was not that he can't dribble, of course he can but not with the same ease like he used to, before he would blow past people so easily.

Prior to his injury, his dispossessed rate was the lowest in his career too. He was averaging like 6-7 dribbles per game prior to his injury.

It has dropped off a bit since he has returned but it's more to the rigorous schedule more than anything.

You ca'nt clearly think his level of play has dropped off from the start of the season. Geez.

NotInHere

Evolution. If it enables him to play every game and rest in part during the match, I'd rather that than have to leave him out. He comes alive and wins the game. It isn't the all action performances from when he was 19-20 and doubtless there are medical reasons for that. The time to worry about the impact he has is when he isn't scoring or assisting and the team are losing, not when he's just scored a fantastic free kick and the team have just equalled a la liga record.
yeah but he doesn't look as dominant as before, which is kinda crazy for me to say that since he is scoring almost every game and giving assists to his teammates:lol: but him dribbling past multiple defenders was a big part of his game and I'm going to miss it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans