10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Prior to his injury, his dispossessed rate was the lowest in his career too. He was averaging like 6-7 dribbles per game prior to his injury.

It has dropped off a bit since he has returned but it's more to the rigorous schedule more than anything.

You ca'nt clearly think his level of play has dropped off from the start of the season. Geez.
the injury probably slowed him down a little, he just doesn't look like the 2015 Messi yet, but that's okay because this Messi is good enough for Barca.

barcanuck

Please tell me more about how Messi shouldn't take penalties and free kicks, especially from the left.

He has proved us all wrong as usual. Couple a year's ago myself included wanted to see him take less free kicks. He perfected yet another weakness.

Hardy

I don't like his massive unselfish when he leading transition or fast break, i don't saying always but sometimes shot that fucking ball outside the box.

doublehh03

I don't like his massive unselfish when he leading transition or fast break, i don't saying always but sometimes shot that fucking ball outside the box.

So you don't want MSN to be as great as they are. The reason they have been is b/c of their unselfishness.

Hardy

So you don't want MSN to be as great as they are. The reason they have been is b/c of their unselfishness.

so you don't cleary understand what i'm saying. If Messi right now has space to shot or dribbles defender 9 times on 10 pass the ball, just this. Neymar for example is more selfish than him but i don't think in general he's a selfish player, selfish player is Ronaldo.

Papabeef

There will always be talk about aspects that Messi needs to improve, even when were talking about a player who is arguably the best ever and in such a consistently unrealistic form.

Years ago he would try and dribble more players at once, more often. True, but he in fact evolved that pure young aggressive attitude into a much more composed and well calculated one.

It may seem a bit less flashy in the end but, it benefits the "team" and keeps him fresher for the 90mins, he does attempt to dribble many and succeeds like several recent brilliant runs and goals (CDR final last season for one), Its obviously not a question of can he but will he taunt more chances rather..

But Messi over the last 5 or 6 seasons has traded off some of those runs with his curved passes or through balls, frankly I am glad of this shift as I think it benefits our team in the end.

Messi always seems to not have as much stamina as many other players out there, he would tire and sometimes throw-up etc... Think it didnt take long to know you need to adapt and not go empty tanked too often, I'm sure we can find many points about Messi or any other player that they should improve but if they do, we will then find others..

Last edited:

Kikan

yeah but he doesn't look as dominant as before, which is kinda crazy for me to say that since he is scoring almost every game and giving assists to his teammates:lol: but him dribbling past multiple defenders was a big part of his game and I'm going to miss it...

He should not do that in the first place if the team has a grip on the game . An extra goal is useless if he get injured . Just watch him when we are down or not playing well or when we are a goal behiend . He goes on fire .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi 6 free kick goals this season

2w6ca5s.jpg

Not impressed. All in the same corner :coffee:

[tw]704409039959166976[/tw]

Ok, now I'm impressed.

Kuchi

What's impressive is the timing, getting us to 1-1 after we're down or going up one goal against tough defenses.

Argh..Got beat by Bojan's edit:)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[tw]704409039959166976[/tw]

Ok, now I'm impressed.
OMG! This guy is just crazy.... Why bother to play just when your club is losing!? Why not accumulate goals when your team is winning and blame it on the teammates when they are losing!? He clearly don't know how this world works!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He's been very decisive lately, people will always find reasons to complain or say he's less this, more that, truth is, he's more goat than ever :worthy:

xXKonan

[vine]https://vine.co/v/igMP2WpZaAb[/vine]

:lol:

And Iborra's reaction.

[vine]https://vine.co/v/igMP5JWEA1X[/vine]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans