10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
Easy to get lucky a few times when you're playing with all-time great players (Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol, Busquets) and two of the best players in the world (Neymar and Suarez). Check out the Ballon d'Or podium whenever he won it:

2009: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2010: 1. Messi, 2. Iniesta, 3. Xavi
2011: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2012: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Iniesta, 4. Xavi
2015: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Neymar, 4. Lewandowski, 5. Suarez

Which other player EVER had this kind of support? Now check Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or seasons:

2008: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 13. Rooney, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 21. Vidic
2013: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 10. Bale (mostly for his performances with Spurs) ... and that's it, no other Madrid player in top 23 list.
2014: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 8. Hames, 9. Kroos

What happens whenever you put him an actual good-but-not-all-time-great team? That's right, zero knockout round goals (just 1 solitary assist) and a historic loss (4-0) in the World Cup, maybe like 1 goal 1 assist in 3 Copa America knockout tournaments :rofl1:

Meanwhile, the "real choker" doesn't have all-time great footballers around him, yet is the all-time highest CL goalscorer, assister and all-time highest scorer in European Championships :worthy:

Messi's "historic 4-0" loss in the World Cup? Oh yeah, against Germany.

Wait! Didn't Ronaldo also lose 4-0 in the World Cup? Yes, against Germany. Historic. So what's your point?

And how many finals has Ronaldo taken Portugal to? 2004 doesn't count.

You also underestimate the quality of Ronaldo's teammates. He's had plenty of world class colleagues in United and Real. These are (or were, in United's case) two of the very best teams in the world.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
And how many finals has Ronaldo taken Portugal to? 2004 doesn't count.

In a star studded team filled with world class players like figo, rui costa, ferreira, fernando couto, carvalho, tiago, nuno gomez, cristiano managed to lose in his own home country to greece, twice, one of them being the final.
Well I don't mind, best summer of my life.

_41607600_ronaldo300.jpg

raskolnikov

He was just a kid then, you cant really blame it on him imo. If you want to point out a mistake it would be ec 2012 with the final shoot out vs Spain.
Best pk taker goes first, not trying to be last to get all the glory.

DrPepper

Easy to get lucky a few times when you're playing with all-time great players (Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol, Busquets) and two of the best players in the world (Neymar and Suarez). Check out the Ballon d'Or podium whenever he won it:

2009: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2010: 1. Messi, 2. Iniesta, 3. Xavi
2011: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2012: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Iniesta, 4. Xavi
2015: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Neymar, 4. Lewandowski, 5. Suarez

Which other player EVER had this kind of support? Now check Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or seasons:

2008: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 13. Rooney, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 21. Vidic
2013: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 10. Bale (mostly for his performances with Spurs) ... and that's it, no other Madrid player in top 23 list.
2014: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 8. Hames, 9. Kroos

What happens whenever you put him an actual good-but-not-all-time-great team? That's right, zero knockout round goals (just 1 solitary assist) and a historic loss (4-0) in the World Cup, maybe like 1 goal 1 assist in 3 Copa America knockout tournaments :rofl1:

Meanwhile, the "real choker" doesn't have all-time great footballers around him, yet is the all-time highest CL goalscorer, assister and all-time highest scorer in European Championships :worthy:

footy doing an El Flaco here, pretending to be a Barca fan all the time and copying arguments from other forums :worthy:

Agreed though. Easily the fakest footballer of all time.
2997653223.gif
is getting betrayed big time here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Footy, I really don't know what you are trying to do here. You yourself said it takes a fool to believe Messi is not a better player than Ronaldo, yet you kept trying to prove somehow Messi is not.

What is your agenda?

Diogo28

In a star studded team filled with world class players like figo, rui costa, ferreira, fernando couto, carvalho, tiago, nuno gomez, cristiano managed to lose in his own home country to greece, twice, one of them being the final.
Well I don't mind, best summer of my life.

_41607600_ronaldo300.jpg

Lets not talk about that final...:angry:

footyfan

Calma, calma
footy doing an El Flaco here, pretending to be a Barca fan all the time and copying arguments from other forums :worthy:

Agreed though. Easily the fakest footballer of all time.
2997653223.gif
is getting betrayed big time here.

The truth deserves to be shared. That post really resonated with me :coffee:

Footy, I really don't know what you are trying to do here. You yourself said it takes a fool to believe Messi is not a better player than Ronaldo, yet you kept trying to prove somehow Messi is not.

What is your agenda?

Agenda? Tf :lol:

What does the one have to do with the other? Yes, ofc talent wise Messi is better than Ronaldo. Not really any doubt in that after you see his passing and dribbling. But this discussion is about whether playing in an all time great team makes it easy for you or not, compared to your rivals. Pedro looked like a world beater for the most part ffs.

What do you have to say about the fact that every time Messi wins a Ballon D'Or, not one but two of his teammates have always made it to the top 5?

Again with the trolling argument. Unbelievable.

Mitchell1978

What is your agenda?

He has admitted himself on more then one occasion that he's trolling, maybe no all the time but the majority of the time he is, best to ignore him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The truth deserves to be shared. That post really resonated with me :coffee:

Agenda? Tf :lol:

What does the one have to do with the other? Yes, ofc talent wise Messi is better than Ronaldo. Not really any doubt in that after you see his passing and dribbling. But this discussion is about whether playing in an all time great team makes it easy for you or not, compared to your rivals. Pedro looked like a world beater for the most part ffs.

What do you have to say about the fact that every time Messi wins a Ballon D'Or, not one but two of his teammates have always made it to the top 5?

Again with the trolling argument. Unbelievable.

What? The discussion? I don't see anybody else talking about it except you who kept bringing this up, rather religiously. You took almost every chance to bring it up, especially after when Messi had a poor game, and often you sound like you are too eager to ridicule.

Of course playing with a great team helps, there is no denying that. But so what? A player of Messi's quality doesn't need the best team to shine or to prove his quality. It helps but it is not necessary get it?

You accuse of some Barca fans of being insecure when they keep comparing Messi with Ronaldo. You are no different in this regard.

JamDav1982

It isnt as simple as Messi having team mates in top five of balon dor meaning they are much better than Ronaldos team mates.

Players who win trophies are most likely to be voted highly and Messi has helped Barca be the most dominant team. Being by far the best player at club.

The way Messi plays gets more out of team mates and allows them to shine more.

Not that I am attacking Ronaldo as I think he has been by far the best player behind Messi over the past 8/9 years on average and he is an all time great. Just not quite on Messi level.

Ripsta

I hope he has a stormer tomorrow, get back in the Pichichi race whilst he's at it. I miss the ruthless Messi who scored a hat-trick and it wasn't the least bit surprising. They're coming few and far between recently.

Something that frustrates me with him at the moment is he'll get the ball, slow play down to walking pace, pass it sideways, then go walking behind a cluster of the opposition players so he can't get the ball back. Not sure if it's a positional change he's taken up or whether he's doing it to conserve energy, but it was beyond irritating against Real and Atletico.

He's the best player of all time IMO, but when he loses a bit of focus it shows and alters his play quite dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans