10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So he magically wasn't tired today despite not having any rest over the past few weeks :rofl1:

The Italian Miracle is starting to work.

But he wasn't NOT tired today, just played well, but if you check the KMs as you people love to do, it's probably close to the last games he played.

footyfan

Calma, calma
The Italian Miracle is starting to work.

But he wasn't NOT tired today, just played well, but if you check the KMs as you people love to do, it's probably close to the last games he played.

I agree. I don't think his kms will be any different. All it means is that he's very adept at stat-padding nowadays but when it comes to actually good defensive teams whom the ref doesn't decide to fuck over, he can't do shit.

Vlom

Really ? I remember him breaking ATM before they have anyone sent off in both LaLiga games this season.

Total-Football

Be my guest, you probably do know more than me.

But what you do NOT, is know more than the entire forum ... hence why i used an external data than just my opinion to prove you were spouting bullshit.

It's basically you VS everyone else, and you keep saying you're the only one being right, and we're all just too emotional.

Think about that.

the same Data you based your opinion on says Neymar is the second best , and in the neymar thread you were welcoming the selling of Ney . unless you have a multiple personality disorder that doesnt make sense

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I agree. I don't think his kms will be any different. All it means is that he's very adept at stat-padding nowadays but when it comes to actually good defensive teams whom the ref doesn't decide to fuck over, he can't do shit.

Lol, the closet madridista #1 trying to be funny and get some attention again, while he is only making himself look like an absolute idiot by having a picture of the real choker against defensive teams in his signature. How many did he score against Atletico this season? That's right. Did he even play those games?

Last edited:

Vlom

the same Data you based your opinion on says Neymar is the second best , and in the neymar thread you were welcoming the selling of Ney . unless you have a multiple personality disorder that doesnt make sense

It totally does make sense, Neymar was beyond amazing for 3 months, 2 of those Messi wasn't playing, so it was always Neymar MotM and rightfully so.

Just so happened that Ney's form went to shit in January like it did last season too, and Messi came back stronger than ever, signing the best start of a year of his entire carreer even if you don't agree, he did :)

KingLeo10

he played alright by his standards, the margins are very fine in top level football, even a small downgrade in defensive capabilities and teams (and players) of barca's level generally exploit them ruthlessly.

@ footy, he dribbled and scored freely on bayern and atletico last season and even this season he scored against atletico in both liga ties. that leaves the CL tie against atletico as support for your position, kind of a small sample to totally write him off no? bigger picture though, i think messi's 10-11 season and 14-15 seasons were anomalies, even by the standards of all time great footballers, and that has left many with very distorted expectations. i don't see him returning to that level again, atleast not for a sustained duration.

Mitchell1978

He played well but didn't look that fresh (also got banged up quite a bit in the 1e half), i'm thinking the extra time we have for the last 4 games (after Gijon we always have a week to prepare the next game) will help the team be more fresh/rested.

Vlom

Definitely, this was our last mid-week game of the season, I think things will get better from here.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Lol, the closet madridista #1 trying to be funny and get some attention again, while he is only making himself look like an absolute idiot by having a picture of the real choker against defensive teams in his signature. How many did he score against Atletico this season? That's right. Did he even play those games?

Easy to get lucky a few times when you're playing with all-time great players (Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol, Busquets) and two of the best players in the world (Neymar and Suarez). Check out the Ballon d'Or podium whenever he won it:

2009: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2010: 1. Messi, 2. Iniesta, 3. Xavi
2011: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Xavi, 4. Iniesta
2012: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Iniesta, 4. Xavi
2015: 1. Messi, 2. Ronaldo, 3. Neymar, 4. Lewandowski, 5. Suarez

Which other player EVER had this kind of support? Now check Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or seasons:

2008: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 13. Rooney, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 21. Vidic
2013: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 10. Bale (mostly for his performances with Spurs) ... and that's it, no other Madrid player in top 23 list.
2014: 1. Ronaldo, ... BIG DISTANCE ..., 8. Hames, 9. Kroos

What happens whenever you put him an actual good-but-not-all-time-great team? That's right, zero knockout round goals (just 1 solitary assist) and a historic loss (4-0) in the World Cup, maybe like 1 goal 1 assist in 3 Copa America knockout tournaments :rofl1:

Meanwhile, the "real choker" doesn't have all-time great footballers around him, yet is the all-time highest CL goalscorer, assister and all-time highest scorer in European Championships :worthy:

Vlom

Ohhh, so you're definitely out of the closet [MENTION=11986]footyfan[/MENTION] ? Welcome !

You can put your salt here \_____________________________________/ :D

Classy to bring on Messi with Argentina, please, give us the detail of the amazing achievement of CR7 with Portugal too :wub:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I wouldn't describe him as "closet"

Catalan Fan

Poor attempt at trolling, although did make me laugh :lol:

Vlom

It's always funny when people compare their goals, without mentioning the gazilions # of games less Messi has :)

Not that Messi can be quantified with goals, compared to the tap-in queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans