10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think Messi knew perfectly he'll be heavily marked and pressurized, and he brilliantly handled his side and sent a couple lobbed passes to Alba and Neymar to create chances, he was also involved in all 3 goals if I'm not mistaken :)

4th champions league for the little guy, here's to many more!! :cheers:

Stric

If Barcelona manages to maintain this ridiculously high level, Messi has a fair chance of retiring with 6-7 CL titles, if not more.

EDIT: now that I've taken a closer look, Messi and Pique are the youngest active players with 4 trophies so far. Considering they're only 27-28, they have a chance to equal or overtake the likes of Maldini, maybe even Gento.

Last edited:

ceefoo

"I like Messi a lot, he’s a great player. Technically, we’re practically at the same level." - Pele (circa 2014)

... he has an ego to rival Crystina. :lol:

Stric

"I like Messi a lot, he’s a great player. Technically, we’re practically at the same level." - Pele (circa 2014)

... he has an ego to rival Crystina. :lol:

That quote caught my eye, as well. What a twat. After dozens of quotes that all praise Messi's genius, there's one who casually comments as if they were equals. Senile old fart.

ejuventus

not the best fooball player ever,
but surely the best club football player ever

and that's what really interests to you

Last edited:

Stric

What is so wrong with that quote? Not that I agree with him.

Factually, there's nothing wrong, it's arguable. But when you look at the other quotes, all these huge football legends talk about Messi with such humility and admirance, and there's just one that shows none of that.

King Leo

Banned
not the best fooball player ever,
but surely the best club football player ever

and that's what you actually interests

The only reason why you dont consider him the best ever, is because he didn't put that ball in the German's net last summer. Come on! who is then the best ever? Pele or Maradona?

ejuventus

The only reason why you dont consider him the best ever, is because he didn't put that ball in the German's net last summer. Come on! who is then the best ever? Pele or Maradona?

I've followed Maradona in his prime, and he's very far from being the best ever

Lots of other players showed much more than him, also than Messi if we consider international careers

ceefoo

Wasn't he injured at the end of the game?
Yeah, I thought so too.

I think it happened from the Pogba challenge from behind, when he fell on Leo's Achilles. But typical Leo, didn't want to show he was hurt and soldiered on regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans