10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane121

Banned
Why are people panicking, don't you understand that portugal winning without cristiano is a huge blow against him?
Messi is leading the race for the ballon now, it will all depend on the couple months prior the award.

Are u stupid., Ronaldo winning ballon dor, CL n euro win, and he scored 3 n 3 assist to help them to final, and how do u know he wouldn't score today if he didn't get injured after 20 min? He scored great header vs Wales I think he would've done the same again France def are not tall

NotInHere

I don't get why people are praising Cristiano for Portugal winning this, but whatever I guess.. He didn't play the final and they still won without him, doesn't that say that they didn't need him at all?

Jombi

And let's be serious... if Messi would have exited the field in the 25th minute in the World Cup Final and Argentina would have won with a late goal, nobody here would claim that Messi shouldn't be considered as a winner of the competition. You played in all matches, you're a winner.

But judging individual players based on randomness like this is for muppets. Higuain misses a chance, ARG loses, Eder scores, POR wins. It doesnt prove anything about Messi or Ronaldo at all. Its just randomness.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And let's be serious... if Messi would have exited the field in the 25th minute in the World Cup Final and Argentina would have won with a late goal, nobody here would claim that Messi shouldn't be considered as a winner of the competition. You played in all matches, you're a winner.

He's a winner but he wasn't the reason they won.

Jombi

Are u stupid., Ronaldo winning ballon dor, CL n euro win, and he scored 3 n 3 assist to help them to final, and how do u know he wouldn't score today if he didn't get injured after 20 min? He scored great header vs Wales I think he would've done the same again France def are not tall

Yeah, he scored a header against what? West Brom and Swansea defenders? Whats so great about that? Lets face it, international football is miles behind club football. Just look at Portugal, such an average team.

doublehh03

Pepe was Portugal's best player all tournament. And Ronaldo wasn't even top 5 best of tournament (and that's being nice). POR winning the Euro may now put him in top 3 of Ballon' Dor by default when it should be Griezmann joining Messi and Suarez.

But judging individual players based on randomness like this is for muppets. Higuain misses a chance, ARG loses, Eder scores, POR wins. It doesnt prove anything about Messi or Ronaldo at all. Its just randomness.

You'd think so... then you go on the barca forums and see all the kids crying their eyes out because Portugal won the competition.

Anyway, it's double standards - wouldn't Messi be praised to the roof if Argentina would have won after penalties the Copa? It's obvious that most people here want Messi to win an international competition and they don't care how he does it. They would have settled for a Higuain hattrick if it would have meant a gold medal for Messi. So what's the difference regarding Ronaldo's performance? He helped the team get to the final, he started the match and went off for medical reasons. I don't like him but he won the Euros as other greats won such competitions in the past: Maradona played quite mediocre in the 1986 final, Matthaus was boring as hell in 1990, hell we put Pele as a winner in the 1962 WC even though he was sidelined after the second group match.

Barcilliant

Fuck Madrid and grease ball.

Messi is ten times the player but the media love a drama queen so he is portrayed as Messis rival when he isn't in the same league.

We also know FIFA and UEFA are corrupt.

Didn't Blatter admit UEFA could be rigging draws?

Zidane121

Banned
Yeah, he scored a header against what? West Brom and Swansea defenders? Whats so great about that? Lets face it, international football is miles behind club football. Just look at Portugal, such an average team.

Look people need a reality check , messi not winning ballon dor this year, and that header he would've scored against any defender in world the height he jumped and hang time was great. Messi can try again in 2017 to make it 6 - 4

KingLeo10

gasgas is a bit of a joker whenever i see his posts, not just in the messi thread but when it comes to barcelona in general. repeatedly fawning over players from other teams while under appreciating and writing off our players.

Jombi

Look people need a reality check , messi not winning ballon dor this year, and that header he would've scored against any defender in world the height he jumped and hang time was great. Messi can try again in 2017 to make it 6 - 4

I dont care about ballon d'or. Huge numbers of ignorant knuckleheads vote, so why take it seriously? What I object to is this idea that a header against West Brom defenders prove anything. International football is what it is. Maybe it was a good way to judge players in the 1960s, but seriously, Ronaldo is not in any way a better player because of this final and this trophy.

Mitchell1978

The reality is that cr7 teams won 2 major tournaments recently but each time his contributions in The finals have been close to zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans