10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bismp

Let's lower our expectations..Too many people expect a treble while it's still July.There's still a loooong way to go

Ripsta

Nope. Ronaldo's going to win the Ballon d'Or through media hype, that'll just spur Messi on to win the treble. It is ON.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Watching him enjoying training like this brings a smile to my face :)

Same here :wub:

So glad he seems to have gotten over that Copa shitstorm, I think the public display of affection he got from Argentina helped.

NotInHere

By the looks of it Messi is taking this very seriously, he cut his vacations short and is starting in the first preseason game, and we all know a motivated messi is something else.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Still dropping too deep. Waste of his abilities. Much more entertaining to watch him with Argentina these days. Well, not in finals, but you get what I mean.

SeloBarca

Still dropping too deep. Waste of his abilities. Much more entertaining to watch him with Argentina these days. Well, not in finals, but you get what I mean.

Lack of creativity from midfield and it makes me a bit worried.
Messi had to drop down way to deep last year, and prob have to do it even more this year and i dont like that at all.

JamDav1982

Messi had to drop down way to deep last year, and prob have to do it even more this year and i dont like that at all.

The team is set up for midfield to be there to cover the front players and for likes of Messi to get freedom.

Messi doesnt drop deep as they are struggling to create it is because that is the way the team is set up to play.

They want Messi to be the main creator. Followed by other front two.

Can be frustrating at times when front three are off though as midfield feel too deep and not given same freedom to create.

SeloBarca

Problem is it doesnt give Messi freedom.
With Xavi he could had much much more freedom to wreck havoc in attack, now he has to drop down to help do the decisive passes.
Still dont beleive in the "we play differently now" argument.
We play basicly the same, just that outr attack is much better now, and our midfield weaker.
I would rather have MSN all stay in attack, supported with creative passes from midfield.
Now when Messi drops down, our attacks get weaker becouse we only attack with N and S instead of all 3.

JamDav1982

Problem is it doesnt give Messi freedom.
With Xavi he could had much much more freedom to wreck havoc in attack, now he has to drop down to help do the decisive passes.
Still dont beleive in the "we play differently now" argument.
We play basicly the same, just that outr attack is much better now, and our midfield weaker.
I would rather have MSN all stay in attack, supported with creative passes from midfield.
Now when Messi drops down, our attacks get weaker becouse we only attack with N and S instead of all 3.

Sometimes he will drop deep and other times he stays right up the park on RW depend on the tactics and situation.

With Messi dropping deep and being the primary creator in the team Barca have had the best front three of all time.

It would be a waste of Messi if he wasnt asked to drop and get involved in build up. There were games last season where Messi dictated the tempo doing that.

Defintitely the team play differently now and get ball quicker to front three. The way of slower passing through midfield as the only option had stopped working to same extent and Lucho has been correct to change it and get Messi involved more in overall play.

Ritchie

Gomes was signed to help this, as the midfield was a waste of time creatively last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans