Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLichtenstein

28 - Messi: 508 goals
29 - ?
30 - ?
31 -----|
32 -----|
33 -----|------- Ibrahimović: has scored 176 goals for his club and country since his 31st birthday on October 3rd 2012 and his 35th birthday isn't for another two months.
34 -----|

Since the appointment of Lucho, Messi has scored an average of 56 goals per season.
Let us assume, that will he continues like this for another two seasons, then he will have 620 goals, before his 31st birthday.

If Messi were to also match Ibrahimović's goal tally, from his 31st birthday to his 35th, then Messi could very well be looking at an impressive 800 goals, right around his 35th birthday.

I wonder, if he would want to chase the 1000th, if this were to be the case.

Vilarrubi

29 - ?
30 - ?
31 -----|
32 -----|
33 -----|------- Ibrahimović: has scored 176 goals for his club and country since his 31st birthday on October 3rd 2012 and his 35th birthday isn't for another two months.
34 -----|

Since the appointment of Lucho, Messi has scored an average of 56 goals per season.
Let us assume, that will he continues like this for another two seasons, then he will have 620 goals, before his 31st birthday.

If Messi were to also match Ibrahimović's goal tally, from his 31st birthday to his 35th, then Messi could very well be looking at an impressive 800 goals, right around his 35th birthday.

I hope he keeps his goal tally up, our midfield need to pull their finger out this season and let Leo get further forward.

CatalinR10

29 - ?
30 - ?
31 -----|
32 -----|
34 -----|

he will score less and less goals

U can't reach 1000 goals when you are playing as deep as he is

Mitchell1978

Nobody scores a 1000 goals, officially at least, in fact nobody has scored 800 official goals, Pele and Josef Bican are just below that number.

raki

His father criminal activities have destroyed his image...

Fuckin bale and griezman???? HEDIOUS. Suarez with with goals and 30 assists is 4th.....motherfuckers

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Wish he would score a goal again for us soon. Got very close today. Been so damn long. Hopefully we will get to watch another genius FK against Sevilla next weekend.

Messi rarely looks great in these pre-season friendlies anyway.

Total-Football

This match shows why i stress on fitness and workrate.. we saw that world class talent dont mean shit againt high level fitness.. they were two steps ahead in every tackle-acceleration-burst..football is not only 4 3 3 - 451..its also about this
Ps: my post is not about messi.. but all the players. Its a pre season match i understand , but we better be in shape throughout the season if we are aiming for something big

Ritchie

Wish he would score a goal again for us soon. Got very close today. Been so damn long. Hopefully we will get to watch another genius FK against Sevilla next weekend.

Messi rarely looks great in these pre-season friendlies anyway.

He's not hungry enough for goals. Plays too deep and always passes when he should shoot. Penaldo shoots whenever in sight of goal. Messi will lose next few Ballon D'ors to Penaldo unless he gets his hunger to score back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's not hungry enough for goals. Plays too deep and always passes when he should shoot. Penaldo shoots whenever in sight of goal. Messi will lose next few Ballon D'ors to Penaldo unless he gets his hunger to score back.

I don't believe Messi plays too deep because he wants to (OK, yes he is a very unselfish player who does love setting teammates up, but I'd say for the most part he doesn't want to), but because our midfield just lacks that ability to drive the ball forward and creativity. We will see how we do this season with the additions of Denise Suarez and Andre Gomes, but judging from our games in this pre-season so far Messi is still the sole creator and the one who is holding the midfield shape together.

gasgas

I think,
Messi is the kind of player that loves to receive the ball as often as possible and do something with it.

In the past he could also get in the box everytime and be on the receiving end, or dribble his way there or one-two his way there

With age he's becoming less interested in running all over, and dribbling 6 players to goal
He's become more interested in the visionary aspect of the game and that's how it is.

To make it work, give him off-the ball runners and we are good to go for a few seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans