10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick

Great performance. Gets a hattrick, yet it feels like he wasn't at his best. Some of the matches where he doesn't even score but assists and creates a lot, I think those performances were even better than this one. Again, still a great performance. What a monster.

Total-Football

describing Leo is like stuttering.. you just keep repeating the same things over and over lol .. i'm glad he dyed his hair , don't have to look for him no more. Leo is foot ball plain and simple

Messi983

40 hattricks, quite sick. Might be 60 when he is done.

Never say never with him but I believe 60 hattricks will be hard to reach. He's not scoring them as often now with Suarez around and he seems more happy to assist than score these days. But I think 50 hattricks should be reachable and if it happens I hope he'll score that 50th hattrick in El Clasico or CL final. Or even better, against RM in CL final. We'll probably have to wait 2-3 seasons for that to happen though.

raskolnikov

Never say never with him but I believe 60 hattricks will be hard to reach. He's not scoring them as often now with Suarez around and he seems more happy to assist than score these days. But I think 50 hattricks should be reachable and if it happens I hope he'll score that 50th hattrick in El Clasico or CL final. Or even better, against RM in CL final. We'll probably have to wait 2-3 seasons for that to happen though.
He can still grab 4/5 hattricks a year forthe next few years. I think he can pull it off.

Messi983

He can still grab 4/5 hattricks a year forthe next few years. I think he can pull it off.

Of course he can. I'll never say he can't do something as he'll likely prove me wrong 99% of time. I just think it's unlikely with the way he's been playing since Suarez's arrival that he'll continue to score 4-5 hattricks every season. Yes, Suarez could decline/leave in 2-3 years but will we move Messi back to his former position then and will he score as easily as he did in years around 2010-12? I don't think so. I think he lost hunger for goals he had 4-5 years ago (but we got that back with Suarez who wants to score more even if he already scored hattrick) and also probably some of his goalscoring abilities but with developing passing skills he's way more complete and better player now than he was in 2012 when he scored 91 goals. Which is crazy but we've all seen his transformation over the past few years.

Ritchie

Too often he's on a hat-trick and goes into his shell if the game is won, will look to set others up more and isn't too concerned with getting more goals. When Penaldo's on a hat-trick he's hyper alert.

That's the only easy game Barca will have this season in the CL (Celtic away is usually tough). It'll be tough games all the way now, whereas Penaldo gets a few easy games in the group (Malmo etc) and then Real get perfect draws in the knockout against teams like Wolfsburg who didn't even try to get near him in a CL quarter final.

doublehh03

He can but not with Suarez and Neymar. They are all unselfish so if one guy gets 2, they will usually try to get the others going.

Messi has given up PKs and FKs to get the other 2 goals.

Mitchell1978

Of course he can. I'll never say he can't do something as he'll likely prove me wrong 99% of time. I just think it's unlikely with the way he's been playing since Suarez's arrival that he'll continue to score 4-5 hattricks every season. Yes, Suarez could decline/leave in 2-3 years but will we move Messi back to his former position then and will he score as easily as he did in years around 2010-12? I don't think so. I think he lost hunger for goals he had 4-5 years ago (but we got that back with Suarez who wants to score more even if he already scored hattrick) and also probably some of his goalscoring abilities but with developing passing skills he's way more complete and better player now than he was in 2012 when he scored 91 goals. Which is crazy but we've all seen his transformation over the past few years.

3 to 5 hattricks a season is pretty standard for him even when he isn't really looking for it, plus also he seemed quite eager to score yesterday and has done so for most of the (early) season so i disagree that he has lost his hunger for goals.
60 is a lot off course but who knows? Though ultimately its not important, consistency and trophies are a lot more important.

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Anyone can give me a website or twitter account which shares photos of Leo and other Barca players during matches? I would like to find a good avatar picture with Leo against Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans