10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

what squad doesnt need the greatest player in the world? bizzare statement.

I'll say this once
I was replying to Vlom, who was replying to my earlier post in which I said,
We don't need Messi to beat minnows like Alaves,etc coz we have more than adequate squad to play in his absence

In the longrun we need him, he's the team's most important player

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Samu is a Barcelona legend but his falling out with teammates & coaches is no one's fault but his own. Greatest strikers all had some form of ego, a chip on their shoulder to give them that edge - Eto'O was no different. Teams have to swim in the same direction

Love him but his fall from Barcelona grace started in 2008 under Rijkaard when he refused to come on as a 2nd half sub, that was when the team really unraveled and led to Pep's hiring

Total-Football

Samu is a Barcelona legend but his falling out with teammates & coaches is no one's fault but his own. Greatest strikers all had some form of ego, a chip on their shoulder to give them that edge - Eto'O was no different. Teams have to swim in the same direction

Love him but his fall from Barcelona grace started in 2008 under Rijkaard when he refused to come on as a 2nd half sub, that was when the team really unraveled and led to Pep's hiring

alright , you missed the part where many ( i mean many ) players criticized Pep for lacking some communication skills. A couple of years ago i have watched a 1 hour interview Eto'o has done with Being Sport french where he talked about Pep , basically he compared him with Mourinho and said that Mourinho had a more direct approach of communication " he came to me and said , Samuel your head is somewhere else .. you're not going to be a starter unless you make up your mind " .. indeed eto'o was benched for a period of time at Inter.. he criticized Pep for being silent and not saying a word during the whole year ( when barca failed to find him an exit summer 2008 ) .. you could make a case of eto'o being lying and stuff , except that zlatan sayed the exact same thing :lol: ( even some bayern players right after he left ) . Of course not everything has to be black or white , i think pep is the best coach in the world, i'm damn sure wouldn't trust barca with anyone more than him , having said that he's still a very Young coach , and he needs to sort out those communcation problems with players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
alright , you missed the part where many ( i mean many ) players criticized Pep for lacking some communication skills. A couple of years ago i have watched a 1 hour interview Eto'o

Congratulations, most have seen that interview as well as Ibra's rants. Were you around in 2008 to see Samu sulking and refusing to come on as a 2nd half sub ahead of the squad's dismantling when Pep took over?h

you could make a case of eto'o being lying and stuff , except that zlatan sayed the exact same thing :lol: ( even some bayern players right after he left )

Which Bayern player? Ribery? The same one who was criticized by KHR for those comments? You could also make a case that the players you mention are all deemed surplus or bitter, like some 'fans'

Of course not everything has to be black or white , i think pep is the best coach in the world, i'm damn sure wouldn't trust barca with anyone more than him , having said that he's still a very Young coach , and he needs to sort out those communcation problems with players.

You should sort our how you arrive at erroneous conclusions based on heresay

JerseyAddict

Well, we all know about Pep and Mandžukić Love story

large

Total-Football

[MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION] we have a classical clash of mentalities .. a neutral point of view vs the fan boy point of view

Zlatan is the football version of "Ibn Battuta", played everywhere and had a lof of coaches, same thing can be said about eto'o .. those 2 had never had problems with coaches and here you are denying that Pep is the common Denominator .. Rickard had issues with ronaldino excluding him from the semin final in 2008 against Manchester united not with eto'o.

at the end of the day it's his decision and he's in charge , the most irritating of sending eto'o away was not having any plans at all on how to proceed after that .. people often Wonder how barca were left without defenders for long time ignoring the fact that the yearly budget was always spent of strikers : old henry ( only 1 good year) - ibrahimovic - villa.. astronomical numbers and irrational choices were made leaving barca in tight Financial situation .. that was the main reason we had no money to buy defenders.

here you are with no real anwer to the case i made .. why zlatan and eto'o didn't have issues with the rest of managers.

ps : Ribery was not the only bayern player Pep had issues with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans