10 - Lionel Messi - v5

pregra

You would think he want to be in ideal shape come the WC and play even less than ever this particular season. Instead it’s as bad as ever. If he doesn’t sit out games after the CdR final he is seriously stupid.

CatalinR10

You would think he want to be in ideal shape come the WC and play even less than ever this particular season. Instead it’s as bad as ever. If he doesn’t sit out games after the CdR final he is seriously stupid.

he won't .

he'll probably chase the golden boot

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Thing is how can you expect Messi to operate at his best consistently with this system? This has been stated here a thousand times from numerous users, and you still have people talking about he’s not the same player he was when you have CR in mind. Again, I’m not excusing Messi for his annoying shit like walking and lack of drive, but if you know the general situation as Marcotti stated, then wtf do you expect from Messi at this point? Messi is going to continue doing his passive aggressive stunts

Co0ter

Absolutely no one could of foreseen his decline. I never expected him to be able to do what he did when he was 20-25 when he was 30 but these days when he's off his game he's a huge liability. A guy who doesn't track his runner, can't defend corners or set pieces and just walks around, literally. He's been doing it for years and we accepted it because we thought he was saving his energy to attack and create, and he did successfully.

My question is Why? Is it injury? Because if it's not then him being so out of shape and such lack of effort is on him, not the players around him.

jj_101

True. We need to start resting him more. We messed up him this season. Not enough rest for him, he looks physically and mentally finished. Valverde and CO ran him to the ground, like rest of our starters..

He is resting now for what really matters to him. The world Cup in two months time.
His form this year is so predictable. Barca is s secondary to his priorities.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
I thought he had a decent game, few shots came close to scoring, lovely volley too just missed the target. He's just coming back from the injury, give him time.

BigBarcaBoy

My god i honestly think it would be very hard to find a bigger pile of shit than some of the stuff on here, gradually phase him out ? Seriously?

eaman

Look Messi doesn't need to or shouldn't be running all over the place. He has his area of the pitch and he does close opposition players down when they are in his area. Also in the second half today he was making some nice runs with the ball and playing some nice passes and that was when the team started to play a bit better. Like every player he needs the team to be playing at a decent level around him. Actually he's the only player in a long time who can make the team play better and can play well and score when the team aren't at their best

Last edited:

soul24rage

He is becoming more like Pirlo who's very talented on the ball that can make up the lack of physique (or in this case stamina). We just need to find players who can compliment Messi. Possibly players who are fast, has great stamina and with good off the ball movement.

ebc_99

Some really shitty comments on here, really unbelievable. Messi has been magnificent this season and has almost single handedly won La Liga for the team, yet some people think he is a problem. Messi is not the problem, far from it. He has been our only forward who has performed this season and without him we would struggle to finish higher than 4th.

We are 15 points ahead of Real Madrid and people on here talk about Ronaldo as if he has over taken Messi, some insane people on this forum with very short memories.

sickstar

About Messi, again some serious memory erase virus again. Did anyone remember who scored all three goals at, wait, was it a long time ago??... Nah, it's just a week ago. Yep he definitely lack effort, he should've scored 8 goals when he was top.

Now think this. Remember who played important part in the two goals? Oh yeah, it's the two new young kids, who *almost* not played in Rome, one of them, that is.

Rome is far different to leganes, also EV's approach. Of course, different enemy and different risks. But, everyone knows it's part of EV's tactical blunder too. And missing the two kids really had impact to team's overall creativity.

I think, well yeah, he was tired, but more importantly, his mental that had the more impact. Wait until la liga has one week off again. With plenty of rest and Rome a bit forgotten, it could be leganes, or atletico again. Anyway, since we've won the league at that time, I hope he will not fixture every match, I mean being invicibles is one thing but Barca should also consider Russia, probably his LAST chance that is, and respect him.. also the rest of team for this case.

Now on to Sevilla. Couldn't really care much even if we lose against Vigo. Win CDR. Win la liga.

Last edited:
Messi got us top of the group stage with 2 goals against Juve and he got us to the next round of KO with 3 goals and an assist VS Chelsea mind you both teams were teams he hadn't scored against before. I don't think he's above criticism and believe people do have the right to question his attitude at times as it seems he can't be bothered at least he can act it, but this talk about letting him go or phasing him out is absurd.

sickstar

Just watched the highlight again and as I see, he's quite good actually. Almost two goals, one first time, one after classic dribble, not far away. Chances provided to iniesta, great understanding that one, and one to Denis at the end, after a nice run near the 90 mins, which Denis fucked up. Oh yeah, grandpa messi really has a bad stamina lol.

Didn't watch the game though so don't know about other aspect. But considering the Tuesday.. in terms of mental and physical impact, as compared to Valencia. He's done splendid here.

As all the players do. Great work at the back, Umtiti , Pique for the final clearance, and MAtS, minus the blunder, which he paid instantly with a great reflect.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans