10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

I don't know what the expectations were...People forgot that Argentina qualified only in the last match, thanks a miracle...
OK, it is Sampaoli fault, but not 100%, he had only some months at his disposal...the problem is deeper, since 10 years and more that Argentina can not put together a team and create a team spirit, a soul, .....it looks almost like a curse.
Really, i can't not believe it !! 10 years !! Messi era and Argentina fails to assemble a team !

They have been in three finals in those ten years.

Judoman

Let s be clear and stop with nonsense.

Yes, Messi needs to move more, that is his main problem and that also casues other tactical problems with Suarez in the first 11. Eather he brings the hustle or Suarez does. At least one of these 2 has to track back and play defence and he needs to move more.

BUT

He is not to be blamed for coaches making him as the only attack option on a limited teams. He isn t a fucking superman, this is a team sport and he needs a good team with a good coach. This is a managment issue, not a individual player issue.
It s a fact, that Barca managment did a shitty job, since Guardiola left. They did not upgrade the MF backbone and they made a lot of questonable transfers, which did not make the team better. We stagnated and this is not
Messi s fault. Infact without him, you can kiss all the trophies in the past 5 years goodbye.

To me, it s mind boggling how CR comparing/ballon d'or caunting smurfs don t understand this.

Last edited:

Joan

If he could only foucs on club level now...

Shame for his international career, but some things are not meant to be.

At this point it's better if Argentina get knocked out in the group stage and Messi gets some more time to recover for next season.

If this Argentina side somehow make it to the Round of 16 they will make an average France side look world class and will be humiliated.

JamDav1982

Right a wee bit of fun to lighten the mood for the lads...

Pick an Argies eleven from players not a WC.... I think could possibly get a better eleven.

Home of Barca Fans