10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Saladin

Switch Mbappé with Meza for the two respective teams and I still see Argentina going out.

Malagas defense is better than Argentina's.

Raketa10

Why would this thread become a cancer? Argentinian team is really bad. This is their upper limit, let’s be realistic. Bad team with disastrous manager. If you analyze their players it’s clear this is their maximum.

Saladin

Guess it means we will have Messi for Barca if it's his last international game today...

Then when Cronaldo gets his 6th World player then Messi will hopefully be inspired to have the season of his life !?!

Could well be the case. The last two World Cups were both followed by a Treble with a Lit Messi.

omidferoz

Messi is just walking and waiting for his teammates to find him. Its hard enough to find him considering his teammates are shit and he is marked by 2-3 players, but he is not helping either walking like a freaking zombie. He needs to find better position where he can receive the ball.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why would this thread become a cancer? Argentinian team is really bad. This is their upper limit, let’s be realistic. Bad team with disastrous manager. If you analyze their players it’s clear this is their maximum.

Because most people here think that Messi should rise above that even though it's unrealistic.

pregra

Team is shit, unbelievably shit as a matter of fact. But we have to admit that Messi is past his prime now. Barely moves of the ball, only have a couple of sprints in him each game and loses way more balls than he used to. He is gassed, simple as that.

LordLichtenstein

I consider myself a huge fan of Messi, but even I can see, that him walking, not finding good positions and helping in the defensive aspect of the game, has hurt his overall play as well as his status as GOAT.

JamDav1982

Because most people here think that Messi should rise above that even though it's unrealistic.

He should be better than this.

His movement off ball, pressing let alone not doing much on ball is not good enough.

It makes no difference if he gets away with it most weeks at Barca.

fergus90

Unfortunately he tries to play like he’s does at Barca with players around him that aren’t capable of doing so. After 4 final losses I just don’t think it was ever meant to be for him with Argentina.

sundar

He should do well. I know I know circumstances are not good, blah blah.
Atleast try. Take shots from distance. Take shots. Just do something. Why you are playing same way every game. You need to try.
Messi should had moved from Barca and played in a team where play direct football. He might had learnt new things.

Home of Barca Fans