10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Mitchell1978

Why would this thread become a cancer? Argentinian team is really bad. This is their upper limit, let’s be realistic. Bad team with disastrous manager. If you analyze their players it’s clear this is their maximum.

This is the reality, i don't see why he should get even a little bit of blame, he's the reason they qualified at the World Cup, he helped them get in the R16, where they lost to a far superior team, still he gave 2 assists/created 2 goals. He did what he could but unfortunately this is the worst Argentina team in a long time.

Raketa10

He was not poor he was playing out of his position. I hope some of you here will now realize that he is not false 9 anymore an for sure not CF like some people here think. He must have ball in his feet as much as possible. He needs a true no.9 infront of him. And if some of you don’t see this than you are blind.

Devils

Provided 2 assists.

I mean, you can't really ask for more considering how much superior France are in terms of quality.

I hope to see him in 2022, but Argentina need to weed out a lot of trash both on the pitch and in the office.

clemente

Rojo taken on for that sorry pathetic old slow -10 vision clueless unfit Fazio to defend against the biggest pacewhore team, then this red herb subs in MEZA when he needs 2 goals in 10min, now I'm gonna have to read shit about how its all Messi fault

JamDav1982

Provided 2 assists.

I mean, you can't really ask for more considering how much superior France are in terms of quality.

I hope to see him in 2022, but Argentina need to weed out a lot of trash both on the pitch and in the office.

That first assist is as lucky as Ronaldos 2nd goal v Spain.

khaled_a_d

That’s been the case for many years now. Even when we won the CL in 15’. With the right coach and squad it’s not really that big of a problem. Obviously is with a team like Argentina, tho.

If you need the right players, and a right coach, that makes him a rpoblem himself unfortunately. Few years ago you put Messi in any team and he is doing well regardless.

You have to be a true moron to play Messi as a CF. A TRUE FUCKING IDIOT!

So, half of this board are morons? because half of this board want him as our striker in 433

El Gato

Villarato!
Fuck Argentina and the burden you had to carry for so long. Enough suffering.

Burden he has no patience or fight to shape despite being handed AND ACCEPTING keys to the kingdom, and building the squad to his liking. Toxic environment? Sure. Argies always were. But if you don't want to be the captain and a leader then don't accept these responsibilities.

And also, he is screwing Barca the same way long-term. Barto operates on the similar wavelengths as AFA.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Did Lo Celso even get a minute this WC? Unforgivable from Sampaoli. Must he suffer greatly for his mistakes. Job was several times too big for his little shoes.

Raketa10

If you need the right players, and a right coach, that makes him a rpoblem himself unfortunately. Few years ago you put Messi in any team and he is doing well regardless.

So, half of this board are morons? because half of this board want him as our striker in 433

Sorry but yes. Messi needs to have the ball in his feet as much as possible otherwise you take half of his strenghts away from him.

Last edited:

fergus90

It was going to take a real miracle for Argentina to win this. They barely scraped through, too much political shit going on with the federation. I believe Messi is the greatest player of all time but even I know at 31 he was never going to be able to pull it out the bag. His performances at crucial times aren’t the same anymore and to be honest the drive to win seems to have faded as well.
I did expect a little bit more from him but I’m not unrealistic to know that we have seen Messi’s best years and how ridiculously great they were.
He’s still got so much to offer but perhaps building a whole team around him needs to stop.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans