10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Arizona Scott

Yeah can't add to his golden boot tally and will probably be rusty against Atletico

The Golden Boot has been entirely a Messi-Mbappe race for a couple of weeks. CR may be determined to pip the world class 36 year old Fabio Quagliarella for whatever they call it in Italy though.

Technically Argentina could call Messi back--you really don't have the option to retire. But it is best for Messi/Barca and the national team to work it out for minimal play. Good thing is no major travel (matches in Madrid and Tangier) and hopefully no more than a cameo. Either way it should not be as atrocious as traveling to South Africa when an undefeated La Liga record was within reach (Barca's own fault on that one). Last year he also had many matches in South America where their qualificaition was at stake and he had to put in intense shifts and put up with a lot of extra fouls on bad fields.

Havesaks

According to MDogwe want to give him a contract extension until 2023.

Im wondering about the economic terms of such a contract extension - will he marketing and level wise still be worth his ridicolous pay-check? The hopeless romantic in me hoped that he at some point will play a year or two on minimal or no salary and be an ultimate sub-player.

serghei

Im wondering about the economic terms of such a contract extension - will he marketing and level wise still be worth his ridicolous pay-check? The hopeless romantic in me hoped that he at some point will play a year or two on minimal or no salary and be an ultimate sub-player.

He's one of the most greedy players out there, convicted for tax fraud in order to keep as much of it and not pay taxes, and you hoped he'll play the last two years of his career with no salary? He'll probably earn 20-25m. a season at 35 strolling on the pitch and giving a genius pass here and there.

Last edited:

Alik

He's one of the most greedy players out there, convicted for tax fraud in order to keep as much of it and not pay taxes, and you hoped he'll play the last two years of his career with no salary? He'll probably earn 20-25m. a season at 35 strolling on the pitch and giving a genius pass here and there.

Are we still talking about Messi here?

Judoman

:lol:

Do you think he manages his finances by himself? Do you think he really cares about the money at this point?

There are agents, managers, layers, family...the whole entourage. They are the greedy ones and they are motivated for him to earn as much as possible.

+ He earned every fucking cent.

serghei

:lol:

Do you think he manages his finances by himself? Do you think he really cares about the money at this point?

There are agents, managers, layers, family...the whole entourage. They are the greedy ones and they are motivated for him to earn as much as possible.

+ He earned every fucking cent.

Yea, I'm pretty sure he has no idea what is going on with his money. :lol:
He just signs blindly what others tell him.

You know he was found guilty of tax fraud right?

Judoman

Yea, I'm pretty sure he has no idea what is going on with his money. :lol:
He just signs blindly what others tell him.

You know he was found guilty of tax fraud right?

Yes i do know that, but i don t highly over estimate his knowledge of finances or his ability to evade taxes :p

People in his entourage are likely payed based on the % of his income. They are far more motivated to skim and plot in order to get more money than he is.
I think the cause of his tax fraud charges is more likely his lack of knowledge, miss directed trust and uninvolvement in money matters, than his greed.

serghei

Yes i do know that, but i don t highly over estimate his knowledge of finances or his ability to evade taxes :p

People in his entourage are likely payed based on the % of his income. They are far more motivated to skim and plot in order to get more money than he is.
I think the cause of his tax fraud charges is more likely his lack of knowledge, miss directed trust and uninvolvement in money matters, than his greed.

Yea, fair enough if you believe that. I choose to dissociate the player Messi with the person. What he does on the field is one thing, what he does outside another. Which is why I don't have a player who I follow outside the field or consider to be a role model in anything outside his career as a footballer.

I mean, it's also perfectly reasonable to be a brilliant footballer and a great family man while also being a greedy tax cheater. Certainly don't believe that just because he can hit the ball perfectly this somehow makes him a noble person full of virtues.

Last edited:

Messigician

Yea, fair enough if you believe that. I choose to dissociate the player Messi with the person. What he does on the field is one thing, what he does outside another. Which is why I don't have a player who I follow outside the field or consider to be a role model in anything outside his career as a footballer.

I mean, it's also perfectly reasonable to be a brilliant footballer and a great family man while also being a greedy tax cheater. Certainly don't believe that just because he can hit the ball perfectly this somehow makes him a noble person full of virtues.

Wash your mouth out with soap for referring to King Messi in such a degrading manner. Won't tell u again

gatsu

Couldn't agree more. While Messi is the best footballl player planet earth have known. His behaviour outside the field is very doubtfull. He is far from being a saint or a role model whatsoever.

Alik

Who else?

Messi is not the first one, and wasn't the last player to be accused of that. That's why I don't get "one of the most greedy players out there" comment.

Especially considering that on the pitch he is one of the most selfless.

clemente

Couldn't agree more. While Messi is the best footballl player planet earth have known. His behaviour outside the field is very doubtfull. He is far from being a saint or a role model whatsoever.

Building schools, donating to charities, is a family man, with his childhood love, what else do you want from him? The only thing I know he did that was bad was evading taxes at 19 years old, who is a better role model than Messi then to you?

Home of Barca Fans