10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Kul_z

Couldn't agree more. While Messi is the best footballl player planet earth have known. His behaviour outside the field is very doubtfull. He is far from being a saint or a role model whatsoever.

If he wants to play until 2023 for us, then let him play. If it takes to pay 25m a season, pay him. He gave this club a renome of one of the best clubs, stepped in ronaldinho boots like is nothing, and became even deadlier then dinho's prime years. Ffs, we are not talking about rakitic here, we're talking about highest goalscorer in la liga, assist leader in la liga, 5 time balon d'or and arguably greatest player ever. You guys are funny

soul24rage

He's one of the most greedy players out there, convicted for tax fraud in order to keep as much of it and not pay taxes, and you hoped he'll play the last two years of his career with no salary? He'll probably earn 20-25m. a season at 35 strolling on the pitch and giving a genius pass here and there.

C'mon Serghei, he's been convicted of tax fraud from 2007-2009. You can't expect a 19-21 year old footballer to understand the complex Spanish tax laws at that age. Plus many other footballer has been caught so something is up with their financial advisers. I mostly blame these advisers to these who are either greedy or don't know the laws that well themselves.

Couldn't agree more. While Messi is the best footballl player planet earth have known. His behaviour outside the field is very doubtfull. He is far from being a saint or a role model whatsoever.

Sounds like you know him well.

Last edited:

Havesaks

He's one of the most greedy players out there, convicted for tax fraud in order to keep as much of it and not pay taxes, and you hoped he'll play the last two years of his career with no salary? He'll probably earn 20-25m. a season at 35 strolling on the pitch and giving a genius pass here and there.

Well i dont think thats a fair assumption from your side. Regarding salaries i think he demands european market value like most players, and its less than city offered iirc, all tho, i dont think he was keen to move from barcelona anyway. And he has in the past allways accepted barcas first offers without negotions (all tho i think barca made fair offers and pay-raises). But dont mistake him for beeing overly greedy, if he had alves' demands, he wouldnt play in barca right now. So i think he is a normal football player in demands off salary.

Regarding the the tax fraud, yes, he was convicted like a lot of other players in spanish footballers, its pretty well-known, that the players normally dont are in charge off salary negiotions, and tax-papes, and that him like a lot of other players' advocates tried to make use of a grey-zone in the law (iirc) to pay less in taxes. So calling him "one of the most greedy players out there" is unfair.

Well, as said, just a wish from football romatic side, i dont think its realistic.

Yes, i was thinking 20-25 as well. But remember his name is a label itself, so its not just him making some passes as a sub.

KingLeo10

I'm a huge Messi fan (obviously) but he's either plain arrogant or a bit thick not to learn from the debacles v Juve and Roma, where he played the full 90 beforehand.

CR7 sat out EVERY la liga game in Madrid's 16/17 CL run, and that was part of why he was so fit and raring to go in CL.

Honestly, disappointing shit year after year. I know Valverde is an idiot but you'd think Messi could manage himself better.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm a huge Messi fan (obviously) but he's either plain arrogant or a bit thick not to learn from the debacles v Juve and Roma, where he played the full 90 beforehand.

CR7 sat out EVERY la liga game in Madrid's 16/17 CL run, and that was part of why he was so fit and raring to go in CL.

Honestly, disappointing shit year after year. I know Valverde is an idiot but you'd think Messi could manage himself better.

Well said. He thinks this doesn't affect his performance, but we see a shit performance from him and the team year after year in CL. We still didn't learn anything from past failures. If he plays 90 minutes again, that's a failure.

CatalinR10

I don't have any problems with him starting this game. He's already had a 7 day rest , u expect him to play in CL after a 10 day break without any match rhytm ?

That being said , I would be extremly dissapointed if he plays the whole game. Normally he should be subbed out at half time.

Vilarrubi

I don't have any problems with him starting this game. He's already had a 7 day rest , u expect him to play in CL after a 10 day break without any match rhytm ?

That being said , I would be extremly dissapointed if he plays the whole game. Normally he should be subbed out at half time.

+1

He rests in games anyway, really hope we can score early on and sub him out.

KingLeo10

CR7 sat out every liga game before CL in 16/17. Players of Messi's level don't need match rhythm if they're not injured.

I'm just tired of minimal effort in CL knockout games that comes after these meaningless 90 min liga games.

Ripsta

He's back in lazy bastard mode. Today I can understand, conserve yourself, he'd better fucking show some urgency against Lyon though, like the effort he put in away to Spurs, it drove the rest of the team on.

pregra

Well at least he hasn’t ran much so unless he gets a knock there is nothing wrong with him playing. Is nowhere near top form though, loosing A LOT of balls. Still our only offensive threat.

BBZ8800

He'll play all matches now.
He will be dead tired in CL 1/4s, we will get knocked out.

He will recharge batteries in late April and May for the last 7-8 league rounds.
Some things never change.

As others mentioned, he probably isn't the brightest guy, and coaches can't bench him/or are afraid to make him mad with suggesting it.

He is currently in the age where when he plays all the time, he is usually shit in 2 out of 3 matches and plays one GOAT match here and there, like against Sevilla.
What will happen against Lyon is a pure lottery:
66% chance that he will walk and sulk. And do more or less nothing, with our team having ZERO other ideas when he is not on fire since we don't know to build an attack without him.
33% chance that he will play like an alien.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans