10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FinBarcelonafan

You didnt watch the match obviously. Because yesterday, it was team strategy to not go all out after the attack. It was easily spotted. The team just want to hold the ball as long as they can.

Clearly Messi was not in his best condition, in addition to the knock he got, but that didnt mean he bottled or lost the ball too much. If he lost the ball a bit more compared to usual, that was because there was no friend to pass on, except for suarez and coutinho. Clearly not enough firepower. Heck he even collect and clear the ball from defence.

And the strategy paid off, altough not popular, but it worked.

I think we were waiting for ManU to come after us and then score from counter but they never really tried to put pressure on us, so we just hold the ball and played time. There was no point for us to attack 100% and risk the score when ManU had to risk more.

sickstar

Agree. Against a more all out team, without the wwf incident, and a quick countering alba, semedo, in addition to the three i mentioned, it could've been 3-0 first half.

Marchisio8

Banned
You didnt watch the match obviously. Because yesterday, it was team strategy to not go all out after the attack. It was easily spotted. The team just want to hold the ball as long as they can.

Clearly Messi was not in his best condition, in addition to the knock he got, but that didnt mean he bottled or lost the ball too much. If he lost the ball a bit more compared to usual, that was because there was no friend to pass on, except for suarez and coutinho. Clearly not enough firepower. Heck he even collect and clear the ball from defence.

And the strategy paid off, altough not popular, but it worked.

Oh I agree, I didn't watch the game and I doubt Messi had a bad game, as he rarely does.

But some members are so up in Messi's ass, they rather blame the whole team/club than Messi, as if he is faultless

Kerrybai

I expect a big performance from him Tuesday and a repeat against Liverpool. This team needs another Champions league.

Messi983

Let's hope :antonella: will let him rest.

For now he should concentrate on football but let's hope he'll score at home soon again too. We need a whole team of little :messi: running around on Camp Nou.

sickstar

Expect a trashing next week at camp nou, now that he is rested and it is a home game.
Actually, we could afford more players from the bench as even a draw is good enough, actually.

But i cant say the same for united, with current situation of top 6 in PL.
That way our main players will be more fit for next week.

xxxxxx

I think Messi will destroy Man Utd on Tuesday. Messi doesn't often have 2 games in a row where he doesn't get a clear cut chance.

Home of Barca Fans