10 - Lionel Messi - V6

BBZ8800

"We'll play faster, more fluid and direct football without Messi on the pitch" - Anonymous Barcafoum User.

I was naive and had faith that this expensive squad can do something without Messi.
I am accusing people of overrating our mediocre squad, and I have done exactly the same.

Lesson learned.

Even though, lots of guys will point fingers only at Valverde and say: players are good. EV is bad. We don't have ideas. We don't have a plan. We don't have a system.

Well, fine.
But still, even without a coach, players should be able to execute simplest passes (Rakitic and Dembele tonight, Suarez in every match).
Pique is horrible with or without Valverde. Busi is slow and painful to watch when he is defending counters lately.

On the other hand, when Tito was ill, our team played without a coach and we still won 100 points.
So, an interesting question: how were our players able to win against anyone in La liga without a coach in 2013, and they can't do the same "without" a coach in 2018?
No matter how bad EV is, our players should be able to execute simple off the ball movement, simple passes, defending (Pique) and similar.

So, EV is bad, I agree with that.
But something is horribly wrong with our squad.

We played bad in the 2nd half of 2015/16 (Lucho's 2nd season and almost blew a 10+ points lead in La Liga).
We played bad in Lucho's 3rd season in 2016/17.
We played bad under EV in 2017/18 and won due to Messi and luck, as people say.
And we still suck in 2018/19.

That is 3 years in a row of horrible football more or less.
And remember, a team without Tito, coached by themselves, played better than this team in the last 3 years.

So, something is fishy about a quality of our (too) expensive players.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The long list of bad choices by the Barca board has been steadily chipping away at the team. Current situation is very much a product of the terrible job by the people who are in charge of guiding this team.

Culminating now on a coach who has no tactical acumen whatsoever, no desire to play attacking football, and a coward to boot. But also, with a squad who has some talent but no real vision, and with plenty of players who are past their best or needed to be phased out.

Barca has lost their identity, they style and the roadmap to what made them the best team in the world just half a dozen years ago.

Stoichkov1

Messi was booked after match for protesting with the referee. He does that everytime Barca lose or draw.

Our players' behaviour and their attitude towards the referee when they lose is embarassing and pathetic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi was booked after match for protesting with the referee. He does that everytime Barca lose or draw.

Our players' behaviour and their attitude towards the referee when they lose is embarassing and pathetic.

Every time I see Pique taunting the referee when he's made a shit tackle and had a shit game I want to punch him through my screen.

It's very annoying.

malvolio

he came out in the interviews today. he doesn't usually do this but it's a clear sign he doesn't like the current situation. when messi speaks in a post match interview and criticizes the defense then it's not good.

Givenchy

tbf to Leo, i can understand his frustration. hes playing with a bunch of clowns currently, anger towards the ref should be aimed at Pique and EV though

gr98

[tw]1046449877419520002[/tw]

Used Google translate:
"According to the Spanish press, Messi, at the end of the match was shouting in the locker room, on the current situation."

Devils

View attachment 8046
Lionel fookin Messi has arrived.

DogQA3UXoAM-qeE.jpg

full

kttcoliwow

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans