10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Hardy

messi is done, copa fucked him just like world cup fucked ronaldo last year, without NT tournaments both would have won it

abbbs97

Messi was/is the best player in the world this year. No one was better than him. He just got fucked over by his teammates and managers. If VVD, Alisson or whoever else wins this award, it would be an even bigger joke than when Modric won it.

Xaviniesta

at least messi had 2 cups last year. this year he won only 1 cup and lost 3 others. his chances of winning it are lower than last year's imo

Neymessi

What kind of logic is this?

So if players are punched away from the ball, it's all good then....

Both stonewall penalties.

They are both penalties technically but it is totally understandable the refs on field didn't pay much attention to them since they were away from the ball. The second one should have been given a penalty regardless but the first one is totally understandable since it was a corner and there is so much physicality going on during it.

eaman

Can anybody find out and post official distances run by Messi in last night's game and the other 4 games?

xxxxxx

Look at Brazil's team and compare it to Argentina's. Did anyone really expect Argentina to win?

I know I didn't. Heck, even Brazil's bench could have beat Argentina's first team.

eaman

Look at Brazil's team and compare it to Argentina's. Did anyone really expect Argentina to win?

I know I didn't. Heck, even Brazil's bench could have beat Argentina's first team.

Yes but the way the way the game played out they should have won. They were the better team it's just Brazil got soft fouls and got away with penalties. Ok there defence was easily opened for the goals but it was a game Argentina could've won

neo_wolf

Messi had a real good game last night and the argentina press are unanimous in their praise for him, ironic how it came after a loss.
But yes, argentina was unlucky, and that ref was as bad as it get.

iceon

Yes but the way the way the game played out they should have won. They were the better team it's just Brazil got soft fouls and got away with penalties. Ok there defence was easily opened for the goals but it was a game Argentina could've won

Should have won? Brazil got the soft fouls? Feels a bit biased no? Considering both Acuna and Paredes probably should've been sent off for multiple bookable offences in the first half as well as Argentinas crossbar header coming from a free-kick were Casemiro clearly wins the ball and then Messi had another freekick which Alisson easily grabbed after the ref missed a handball by Lautaro Martinez in the same play.

That being said, both teams were rather poor, Messi was the best player on the pitch and the ref missed ONE penalty for Argentina on the Arthur foul on Otamendi.

Mitchell1978

He has 2 opportunities left. Another Copa América next summer and the World Cup in Qatar if he does not decline too much, does not quit the national team again and if he will remain a part of the plans for the future national team manager.

They have no shot at the World Cup unless they can add a ton of quality by then which doesn't seem that likely.

Anyway this was the third Argentina game that I watched (Colombia and Venezuela) and have to say that this was by far the best performance by Argentina and Messi but they did not have the marginals with them and should probably have advanced to the final based on chances created alone and those 2 penalty claims.

By far his best performance and Argentina deserved more but in a way a logical result as Brazil has for more quality, talent and experience overall

Overall a very weak/uninteresting tournament with dull stadiums, horrible pitches and horrible referees. Lightyears away from a standard EURO Championship IMO. Brazil did not impress me at all either. Would be comical if Chile ends up winning 3 times in a row.

It seems South American teams and overall South American football is falling further and further behind in terms of quality of football, organisation, development etc compard to Europe.

Afromaticz

Lol the overrating of Argentina's performance last nite is absolutely embarrassing. Brazil deserved to go thru i dont know what game u lot were watchin. Messi is still the GOAT but he had a stinker this tournament and was only marginally better last night.

El Flaco

Without a World Cup as the best player for Argentina, Messi will never be the GOAT in his own country. People will be upset, but it is what it is.

Messi is still the GOAT in Barca & LaLiga though, which is amazing.

Mitchell1978

Without a World Cup as the best player for Argentina, Messi will never be the GOAT in his own country. People will be upset, but it is what it is.

Messi is still the GOAT in Barca & LaLiga though, which is amazing.

those older Argentinians are delusional if they think Maradona is superior over Messi who has had a far superior career, far better stats, much longer prime, won much more, its not really close actually...

i also rate Pele higher then Maradona

eaman

Lol the overrating of Argentina's performance last nite is absolutely embarrassing. Brazil deserved to go thru i dont know what game u lot were watchin. Messi is still the GOAT but he had a stinker this tournament and was only marginally better last night.

He was man of the match against qatar and I can see why with most danger been created by him and he had a very good game last night. Again most danger came through him along with some brilliant dribbles and general play. He is never going to look as good as he does with Barca because the ball rarely gets to him in dangerous positions when he plays with those Argentina players. In fact no player looks as good for their country as they do with their clubs

Home of Barca Fans