11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

Trickykid

If they beat us on Saturday night, then it's bye bye La Liga. But we don't have to accept shit.

They have to take our European crown for that to happen.

True that, and that's exactly what I fear'll happen later on. If They beat us, it looks like Mou has figured out how to play us. We have to admit they have been getting closer and closer during the last 4-5 clásicos (yeah, I know their form was vastly better during the Super Cup, but still).

Anyhow, need to stay positive! We'll scrape a 2-1 win in a tightly fought contest. Villa and Messi.

Trickykid

If we lose, we're practically 9 points after Real. That DOES mean they've surpassed us. I'm not talking about the two teams leagacies and how they will be remembered 5-10 years from now. I'm talking here and now.

Karanka said Madrid wil play 4 3 3 on the wings with cr and di maria on the wings and benz/higuain as cf
Expect a defensive midfield I guess.
I hope Barca can stretch a win or a draw out of this one

dalitis8

Banned
If we lose, we're practically 9 points after Real. That DOES mean they've surpassed us. I'm not talking about the two teams leagacies and how they will be remembered 5-10 years from now. I'm talking here and now.

Considering the lopsided nature of La Liga, the fact that Madrid is ahead in that league is mostly incidental. Only a fool would draw a conclusion from there.

A single victory for Madrid is still not enough for them to claim anything over us.

No Champions League. No bragging for them.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Karanka said Madrid wil play 4 3 3 on the wings with cr and di maria on the wings and benz/higuain as cf
Expect a defensive midfield I guess.
I hope Barca can stretch a win or a draw out of this one

lol the idea of our 3 midfielders vs their 3 midfielders. they couldn't deal with our midfield even with all their midfield and defence.

Trillske

With a team full of talent facing another team full of talent its wierd to say this, but if Messi has one of those Messi-days, he decides this game. If he does what he did in the CL final against United, Barcelona goes from underdogs to favourites. They all knew what he was capable of but it didnt mather. After 15 minutes he just ignored the dynamic of the game - ran it over. This game has the potential to start out as a headache for Barcelona again.

If I where to bet this game, half the money would go to Madrid, and the other half 2+ goals by messi and Barcelona win.

Though im glad if im suprised. How awesome would it be if poor Villa suddenly woke up and was MOTM? A lot of talk about a goal here and there not salvaging his poor display, but if he where to run a game like this over, now that would make a pretty good excuse for playing him.

With the possibility of beeing let down I have huge expectations of this game. For two years in the passed I kept getting hyped up about Barcelonas big games and just felt like stop watching after 60 minutes. This last year, while the team has been inconsistent its been a joy to watch. Much faster, way more direct. The game against Milan was just awesome. More often than not lately, the games have been great entertainment.

puddleofmeat

Ill start off by saying that I am a Real Madrid fan just so you don't think I am a dishonest Barca fan.

Even though the majority of the media is convinced that Madrid will win I am still skeptical about what the result will be. As much as I would love to see us dominate Barca I just dont think it will happen the way so many people think it will. Our game changers shit the bed in big games *cough* Cristiano *cough* look at him in the Champions league finals with ManU or against you guys last season and someone is always stupid enough to get them selves red carded like Albiol..

I agree with what some people have been saying on here and that is if Pep decides to field a 3-4-3 against Madrid then he will pay for it. Madrid has the best counter attack in the world and when Ramos or Marcelo join the attack with players like Di Maria and Ozil to provide the passes on the counter there isnt a chance for your defence to keep up. The squad list was posted for Madrid and I wont be surprised if he fields Pepe as a CDM to breakup Messi's runs which, as much as you guys probably hate to admit it, works.

Anyways I think it will be a good game, highly contested and I feel like Barca will awaken against Madrid and fight for every ball. I can see it being 1-0 for either team, preferably Madrid.

P.s whoever called out Di Maria for play acting I suggest you pay close attention to Busquets in tomorrows game

P

PhilS

Losing this game would (will?) not be the end of the world, or even the end of this season's La Liga. RM will not win all 23 of their remaining games. RM will be the underdog for the spring clasico at Camp Nou, and they will drop points in several other games. This year, I think Barca has better depth than RM, Barca will improve as the new additions settle in, so Barca is a good bet to have a better second half than RM. 9 points after this Saturday would be a good lead, but not insurmountable with most of the season remaining. I expect La Liga to come down to the very last games of the season. Right now, I would take either La Liga or CL, just one of these would be a fine haul for the year.

ammarfcb

ze special one
messitoineiestapassed-1.jpg

as long as we can do stuff like this we will never be underdogs.

i can not repeat repeat this enough. we need to have our strikers on rotation. i mean the defense will be focusing on messi. and if we can get him moving from one side to the other every 5 minutes. it opens the game wide open for villa and sanchez (or cesc, pedro). and also gives messi a chance to try penatrate the defense from different angle. not only will it mess up their defense but their midfield will move around accordingly (especially khedira and/or alonso). it will have a knock on effect through their whole squad.

dalitis8

Banned
Losing this game would (will?) not be the end of the world, or even the end of this season's La Liga. RM will not win all 23 of their remaining games. RM will be the underdog for the spring clasico at Camp Nou, and they will drop points in several other games. This year, I think Barca has better depth than RM, Barca will improve as the new additions settle in, so Barca is a good bet to have a better second half than RM. 9 points after this Saturday would be a good lead, but not insurmountable with most of the season remaining. I expect La Liga to come down to the very last games of the season. Right now, I would take either La Liga or CL, just one of these would be a fine haul for the year.

Lose tomorrow, and its bye bye Liga. 100%

If we draw, its gonna be 90% on Madrid's terms.

Surely they will lose points at some stage, but not many, and so will we. 6 points in the current La Liga set-up between the Big 2, it's like 16 points in any other league.

Failure to win tomorrow, then it's time to :wave: to a 4th consecutive La Liga title.

If that comes to pass, then the rest of the league season, should (probably will) be turned into an epic dress rehearsal and training ground for the great aim: to be the first side to ever retain the Champions League, leaving Ajax and Munich behind, and leveling with Liverpool.

B

beautifulgame

I hope fabregas doesn't start...

For all he does to help in the final third the team loses out too much defensively and also in terms of pacing the tiempo in the their interest.

Y

Youngie

I hope fabregas doesn't start...

For all he does to help in the final third the team loses out too much defensively and also in terms of pacing the tiempo in the their interest.

I'll pretend I didn't see that :angry:

Home of Barca Fans