11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

Barcilliant

Our defense, is old.

Which is why we need a new left back and centre back. Either that or we start bloodding a youngster. I dont think Fontas is good enough-too slow. If he was CB today Real would have torn us another one.

Maxwell is not good enough for Barca and ABidals's speed and touch are diminishing. We shouldnt overlook the defects in the team.

dalitis8

Banned
He isnt so far off as the 1st half wasnt any good from us. Due to some mad defensive fumbles esp. from Puyol and Abidal, they could have given us a trashing if CR wasnt such a tool. We only regained control after Xavis goal, but there was not much indicating a victory before imo.

The best thing was our clinical finishing and individual skills from Messi and esp. Alexis. And a deflected goal like Xavis always inhabits a good amount of luck. Benzema however was also lucky to be having the ball falling right on his foot for the 1-0 tho.

You are massively exaggerating this luck thing.

First of all, it was Madrid that were lucky to go ahead.

Then Ronaldo missed a good chance to make it 2-0 (you know, that happens in football, Messi also missed a chance to level things earlier)

Then we went ahead with a lucky goal (fuck, are we not allowed to get a lucky goal ourselves for once? Essien got lucky against us, Milito the same, Rooney got an offside goal, as did Benzema today)

Then CR missed a sitter. Too bad for him.

Then we scored a quite brilliant goal (as was our first) with Messi-Alves-Cesc combining.

Then Iniesta showed Mou and his boys how football is played, and they were lucky to to not concede two more...

So. I am not so certain who was actually lucky after all.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Mourinho has to make his excuses and rationalise the loss.
Mourinho did his job, his players didn't. You don't miss sitters, you don't give the ball away on a rare occasion you get inside the box, you don't try lucky shots from 30m out... in important games vs Barca. I think Bilal Khan was right with 'game over, insert 300M to play again'.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Mourinho did his job, his players didn't. You don't miss sitters, you don't give the ball away on a rare occasion you get inside the box, you don't try lucky shots from 30m out... in important games vs Barca. I think Bilal Khan was right with 'game over, insert 300M to play again'.

Who could they buy though?

Barcilliant

Madrid are stupid-sell Cronaldo (like Ibra was sold at Inter), Oezil, Higuain and maybe Benzema. Use Kaka in the midfield with Alonso and Sahin. Buy new forwaRDS WHO HAVE SUBSTANCE AND ARE NOT FLAT TRACK BULLIES.

Inter sold Ibra and got Milito, Eto and it made a huge difference. People dwell too much on superficial highlights from youtube (cronaldo fans). You need players who are gifted mentally(strength) as well as physically and technically.

Barcilliant

Too many frail personalities there-guys like Oezil, Cronaldo, Diva Maria, Huguain.

I think Neymar will be more then convinced to join Barca now.

gingerless

great game plan from mourinho but pep adapted and changed things around, mourinho had no answer

those mistakes/barca's chances didn't just come because messi decided to make an assist.... it's incredible how pep's tactical adjustments are overlooked all the time. i mean, most coaches bring in subs or try different formations but pep does this DURING THE GAME, he should be getting a lot more credit tbh

Trillske

mou saying that barca was lucky nothing more and Xavi's goal was pure luck nothing beautiful in it..wtf!!.. is this man serious.how could madrid fans put up with his bullshit that far??
But come on, Xavis goal was pure luck. But I agree its a bit cynical of Mou to highlight the fact that way. The central part should have been it was tight and Barcelona put up a good game. Goals like that happen.

As for what Madrid fans put up with, I´d say quite a lot. I dont know if its because they have had to handle a lot of dissapointments the last years or if its allways been this way, but all over the net the responce to the game tonight is just awesome. Inspite of constant provocations from Barcelona fans in general and constant provocation from Mou to blame this and that, keeping sensible in a night of defeat. To the group as a whole: Class.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
great game plan from mourinho but pep adapted and changed things around, mourinho had no answer

those mistakes/barca's chances didn't just come because messi decided to make an assist.... it's incredible how pep's tactical adjustments are overlooked all the time. i mean, most coaches bring in subs or try different formations but pep does this DURING THE GAME, he should be getting a lot more credit tbh
Hm... To me it looked like RM loosened the pressure a bit because they got tired. What changes did Pep make? That's a serious question, I never notice stuff like that :D

Home of Barca Fans