11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Okay, so up until a few months ago, the reason he didn't run **at pace** with the ball close to his feet at Barça is "because he was not yet confident?" That makes absolutely no sense. Carrying the ball close to your feet is **less** risky.

Less risky in the sense that defenders have more trouble capturing the ball, but more risky in its execution. Keeping the ball close to you dribbling at higher pace is difficult, simply because it involves more touches.

poncirus

Of course he needed time adapting to tighter defense and overall more demanding game than in Brasil. Of course his game gets more controlled and efficient as he matures. It's a normal process for any player. Confidence is a big part of it.

And of course Neymar had it in him from the very beginning. His ability to control the ball at pace, body feint, wiggle out and accelerate was absolutely supreme from the beginning, as were his instincts. He is a full package. Only someone with quite a poor grasp of football could fail to recognize what kind of supreme talent was in question.

mark1nhu

Okay, so up until a few months ago, the reason he didn't run **at pace** with the ball close to his feet at Barça is "because he was not yet confident?" That makes absolutely no sense. Carrying the ball close to your feet is **less** risky. So why would he suddenly lack confidence to execute such a skill?

This is **not** about close control brush-overs ballhandling from a dead stop, the kind of tricks he's always shown skill at. He showed up at Barça a rather sloppy technical player, by La Liga/Barça standards- the abilities to dribble and pass in tight spaces while keeping control of the ball rather than pushing and chasing it. He's tightened up his control a **lot** over the past few months.

Herpyderpy ymmv kthxbye

He barely tried to slice defenses with his runnings, always stopping the ball close to sideline and trying passes instead, "slowing build up plays" like you said a plenty of times.

This is lack of confidence.

When he tried, he failed because he was rusty in that matter.

That's how lack of confidence can influence something you think is purely skills.

Again: don't fool yourself, he learned it way before Barça and I myself watched it too many times to count.

mark1nhu

Agree with mark1nhu... We have already seen this "new" Neymar you´re watching now! But why discuss about it? Some people think they know more about football and some think they know Neymar better. The point is that despite the fact about how much he improved, he is amazing right now!

I am certainly not in a competition about who knows Neymar better.

I want Barça winning trophies, no matter if even by a Douglas' goal.

I just can't agree with Bernie constantly biased view about Neymar's talent, like everything good in Neymar is a consequence of Barça contribution.

Sorry, Barça is indeed the most legendary club in the world, but this kid would be destroying defenses playing in any other top 5 club in the world.

xXKonan

Barcelona want to close a pre-deal with Neymar (23) on his renewal until 2021 in January. Signing of new contract in summer. [md]

Cule4life

The Culest
Not liking the way his father wants us to bleed money for him. How greedy can he get. Guess he really wants that 10th yatch to complete his collection

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
LFP can go to hell with their phony awards invented for RM.

Lucas Vasquez should have had it for his wonderful sub perfs :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans