11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I'm pretty sure many guys are newer fans and don't exactly understand how gigantic messi's footprints are to follow.
Neymar is not of the same caliber, he's still the best young player and will probably become the best in the world in a couple years but he's not a GOAT talent level.
People will understand this first hand when messi naturally declines in a couple years and barca falls behind real again, like they did before messi came to the scene.

JamDav1982

I'm pretty sure many guys are newer fans and don't exactly understand how gigantic messi's footprints are to follow.
Neymar is not of the same caliber, he's still the best young player and will probably become the best in the world in a couple years but he's not a GOAT talent level.
People will understand this first hand when messi naturally declines in a couple years and barca falls behind real again, like they did before messi came to the scene.

Absolute bollocks.

Messi is not the only reason Barca are ahead of Real right now. That has been proven over the last couple of months.

Messi is the best player that makes the team better he is not the only reason Barca have dominated Real.

KingLeo10

you could have made your point without trying to wind up people with statements like that. in fact, i made a similar point more amicably lol.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
that doesn't have to do with only Messi emerging on the scene, many factors were responsible for that.

Yeah but messi is in the middle of it.
For example, something simple, assume that messi emerges from the real madrid academy and barca buys cristiano to succeed ronaldinho.
Do I need to say more? Nope.

NotInHere

That stunning run and shot was unbelievable
I was actually caught off guard when Neymar did that, I've seen him accelerate with the ball quite a few times and I never knew he was capable of that... he can easily get past players with acceleration too, impressive

JamDav1982

Yeah but messi is in the middle of it.
For example, something simple, assume that messi emerges from the real madrid academy and barca buys cristiano to succeed ronaldinho.
Do I need to say more? Nope.

Totally different argument to compare Barca without Messi to Barca vs Real with Messi.

Even then Messi cant just turn and average/poor team great look at Argentina or Barca in few years before Suarez/Neymar arrived. All players need a good team around them.

Horatio

You're welcome
I was actually caught off guard when Neymar did that, I've seen him accelerate with the ball quite a few times and I never knew he was capable of that... he can easily get past players with acceleration too, impressive

Dutch commentator said Neymar is faster with the ball than without. lol

NotInHere

Dutch commentator said Neymar is faster with the ball than without. lol
probably is, I once heard an interview kempes gave, he said he hated doing running drills but as soon he came into contact with the ball it was a whole different story

some players just have a special connection with the ball, those are the all time greats

Wanna know who isn't as fast with the ball? Cristiano:lucho:

NorthernVictory

No, I absolutely agree that Neymar is NOT on Messi's level. And I doubt he'll ever reach what Messi was, truly, in his absolute prime. The way he scored 73 goals in one season, the way Messi would literally score hat tricks back to back, the way he ran through 4, 5, 6+ players every fucking game... Messi was doing crazy shit nobody will probably ever replicate. Combined with his clinical finishing and tempo-controlling abilities, you really have the GOAT. It seems Messi cannot do these insane dribbles AS OFTEN as before, but he can still pull them off with regularity. It's not time yet for Neymar to take the throne, and even when he does, it won't be the same. Nobody will be able to do what this young man did.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Man United want to sign a player who will be in top 10 for Ballon d’Or. Neymar is an option, alongside Madrid's Ronaldo and Bale. [mirror]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans