11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Like watching those but it really served no purpose as he was going away from goal.

Great crowdpleaser nontheless.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I think more likely he assumed there was more space for Neymar to run into and receive the ball on the other end, probably assumed more defenders were closing him down.

Horatio

You're welcome
Like watching those but it really served no purpose as he was going away from goal.

Great crowdpleaser nontheless.

Why is purposefulness automatically determined by the direction in relation to the goal?
I am happy as long as he doesn't pull that stuff on our own half.

It got him out of that situation with two defenders.

Catalan Fan

In fairness to Celta, seems they took the pen well, not even seen them comment on his flick so kudos to them.

I do still worry about him using it though, because some teams will take offence and he could end up getting injured in retaliation.

Wonderful player that he is, he should look at when to release the pass instead of over dribbling the ball ? When the likes of Don or Messi have the ball, they invariably make the pass just as you shout at the tv, sometimes before you even realise it's on lol.

F

Flavia

In fairness to Celta, seems they took the pen well, not even seen them comment on his flick so kudos to them.

I do still worry about him using it though, because some teams will take offence and he could end up getting injured in retaliation.

Wonderful player that he is, he should look at when to release the pass instead of over dribbling the ball ? When the likes of Don or Messi have the ball, they invariably make the pass just as you shout at the tv, sometimes before you even realise it's on lol.

I don't remember anyone saying that about Dinho's tricks. It's really sad the state football(or better, the footall media) is these days. It's like no one is allowed to have fun, everyone has to follow a set of rules. But that only apply to Barça players, ofc. If Neymar was a rm player, the current press narrative would be to glorify all that, not to incite the other players to kick Neymar. And no one would be worried about retaliation. That makes me a bit mad.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't remember anyone saying that about Dinho's tricks. It's really sad the state football(or better, the footall media) is these days. It's like no one is allowed to have fun, everyone has to follow a set of rules. But that only apply to Barça players, ofc. If Neymar was a rm player, the current press narrative would be to glorify all that, not to incite the other players to kick Neymar. And no one would be worried about retaliation. That makes me a bit mad.

Me too, but then I remember ... let them have that :)

20151231001215127509-original-2.jpg

Catalan Fan

All you've written is immaterial.

My point is, because it's Barca, because it's Neymar, he is targeted for being a "fancy" player.Other teams will try to injure him if he does that rainbow flick in future.Right or wrong.

RM are exempt, as no RM player is capable of actually pulling it off........ ;)

Last edited:
F

Flavia

All you've written is immaterial.

My point is, because it's Barca, because it's Neymar, he is targeted for being a "fancy" player.Other teams will try to injure him if he does that rainbow flick in future.Right or wrong.

RM are exempt, as no RM player is capable of actually pulling it off........ ;)

Immaterial how? Dinho was a Barça player, and I don't remember fearing retaliations for his many tricks. The press at the time didn't call for his head, as they're doing now, with this stupid "disrespectful" bs. They play a big part in how the public and players react about that.

Catalan Fan

Ok,you win.

Just don't be surprised if n when he over does it during a game and ends up injured and unable to play for a week/month.That's my view on it.

F

Flavia

Ok,you win.

Just don't be surprised if n when he over does it during a game and ends up injured and unable to play for a week/month.That's my view on it.
There's nothing to "win" here. But I'm glad Neymar isn't getting scared by any of that. Football is supposed to be fun. The scaremonging from part of the rm biased media is starting to be fought, and that's what should happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans