11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

These mandatory release clauses for all players in Spain are incredibly annoying though. Get rid of them or force all leagues to have them!

Messi983

These mandatory release clauses for all players in Spain are incredibly annoying though. Get rid of them or force all leagues to have them!

Or maybe we should just get our best players release clauses of 1 billion like Madrid gave to CR. Even 400 or 500M would be high enough that there would never be speculations about some clubs willing to pay them.

Anyway, I still think it's almost impossible for any club to pay Neymar's (or Messi's) current clause. Maybe in 10-15 years but not now. It's not only transfer fee, they also have to pay around 20-25M€ per year to the player and probably (I don't know tax rates enough) also as much for taxes. So it's basically around a 400M€ investment in 4 or 5 years. I know they have rich owners and Neymar is highly marketable player but that's almost the whole budget of clubs like PSG or City.

If I'm right the most PSG paid for a player until now is 65M for Cavani and City's biggest transfer was De Bruyne (75M). They should almost triple those amounts to get Neymar. Yes, anything is possible in football but I give them less than 0,1% chance to pay release clause of Neymar. And there is no way Bartomeu would sell him for less than that after all the troubles we have to go through to get Ney. All those speculations are just attempt of his agent and father to get the most out of his negotiations with Barça. I'm totaly calm and confident that he'll sign a new contract in summer or at the start of next season.

bismp

total crap rumor. Neymar wouldn't go to PSG even if barcelona lets him leave for free.

I disagree.

I think that sooner or later he has to go IF he wants to step out of Leo's shadow.Of course,he will surpass him at some point because Leo will get old(assuming that Ney keeps improving or at least maintains this level).

However,i feel that Messi will remain the vocal point of the team,even when he will be in his mid-thirties and even when another player(be it Neymar or a future signing/La Masia product) will be objectively better than him.

So,yeah,i feel that if Ney wants to become the world's best player,he has to leave at some point(or Messi leaving).That's just my opinion and it doesn't mean that i want him gone.

So,IF he leaves,PSG is one of the best destinations.Money+Guaranteed League title+CL contender due to the Arab money

Butaan4barca

i think neymar understands, till messi hangs up his boots, nobody else can be world's best player, not even him. So there is no point in leaving when you can learn and enjoy being in the same dressing room.

Butaan4barca

I disagree.

I think that sooner or later he has to go IF he wants to step out of Leo's shadow.Of course,he will surpass him at some point because Leo will get old(assuming that Ney keeps improving or at least maintains this level).

However,i feel that Messi will remain the vocal point of the team,even when he will be in his mid-thirties and even when another player(be it Neymar or a future signing/La Masia product) will be objectively better than him.

So,yeah,i feel that if Ney wants to become the world's best player,he has to leave at some point(or Messi leaving).That's just my opinion and it doesn't mean that i want him gone.

So,IF he leaves,PSG is one of the best destinations.Money+Guaranteed League title+CL contender due to the Arab money

your last line is not for someone looking to become best player in the world. That is precisely why i said he won't go to PSG., as he is hungry to learn and make history by being one of best.

bismp

i think neymar understands, till messi hangs up his boots, nobody else can be world's best player, not even him. So there is no point in leaving when you can learn and enjoy being in the same dressing room.

Yeah,but by the time Messi retires,Ney may be 29-30 years old.Neither he nor we know in what condition he will be by then and what other players will have emerged as potential Bdor contenders

Also,regarding your other post,i feel that winning the CL without Messi,while also scoring many goals in a decent league,actually makes people consider you as the best.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

Yeah,but by the time Messi retires,Ney may be 29-30 years old.Neither he nor we know in what condition he will be by then and what other players will have emerged as potential Bdor contenders

Also,regarding your other post,i feel that winning the CL without Messi,while also scoring many goals in a decent league,actually makes people consider you as the best.

that is my point. Wanna be best players don't play there.

bismp

that is my point. Wanna be best players don't play there.

True.But,IMO being THE star of a CL-winning PSG team(plus many league titles) is better than being the best player of City/United/Chelsea/etc,where he will win max 2-3 Premier Leagues in 4-5 years and where he has very few chances to win the CL,which is undoubtedly the greatest honor in club football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans