11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read on espn that Neymar already signed a new deal in December. Didn't know they turned to rubbish too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just read on espn that Neymar already signed a new deal in December. Didn't know they turned to rubbish too.

He probably has agreed to a new deal, although not 'signed'.

The club can't sign it before 1st July when the next fiscal year begins. And if they announce something now, you might see some soci demanding it to be written on the books now which the board cannot afford without resigning.

All in all, they've invested a lot in Neymar and Neymar knows there is no better place for him than FC Barcelona, no matter what Man Utd, City, PSG offers him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I read something about a pre-contract on MD a few days ego before ESPN reported it.

Not getting my hopes up too much but certainly hoping it's true :wub:

F

Flavia

[tw]703019404565618689[/tw]

[tw]703019949653168128[/tw]

[tw]703020353556185088[/tw]

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I know Neymar will not be here in six years, but I think he will be in three.. I am willing to except six years of his career and let him move on for a large sum...

Ritchie

He could do with a rest this summer and sitting out the Copa. He's had a tournament every summer, plus the relentless schedule in Brazil.

It's better for Barca he rests but also for Brazil. They don't want to burn him out like they did Ronaldo. They'll want him at his peak for the Olympics, the World Cup and then the home Copa America.

Messi could do with a rest as well but it's probably his best shot at that elusive senior title with Argentina.

Galning

But new contracts for already current players can only be signed in-between seasons?

Not if you have money to renew the contract. As it stands now Barça doesn't have the money to renew Neymar in 2015-2016 so they have to wait until the new season begins.

L

Lucifer

Back in the day, when Brazil had a really strong side (R10, R9, Kaka, Robinho, Adriano, Roberto Carlos and others) they always used to send the B team (Luis Fabiano, Julio Baptista, Juninho, Alex, Diego...) to play the Copa and the B team always managed to win it. Sadly Brazil can't afford to play the B team in the Copa anymore as the A team of nowadays can't even be compared to the C team of 1998~2006. That's why CBF wants Neymar to play even against the Homeless Orphans XI, they have no options to replace him. Douglas Costa, William and Coutinho are getting better but I don't think that any of them can reach 40% of Neymar's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans